IOS 4.3.3 Untethered jailbreak released!

-Hitman-

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The iPhone Dev-Team has released an untethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.3.

Apple released iOS 4.3.3 on Wednesday, and once again the untethered jailbreak exploit that @i0n1c created for 4.3.1 still works. That makes it an unprecedented three firmwares where the same userland exploit works. We’re not exactly sure why Apple hasn’t fixed the hole yet, but we’re not complaining!

Today's PwnageTool and redsn0w incorporate @i0n1c’s port to 4.3.3 (it’s ironic that such a long-lasting untether doesn’t even have an official name!). It also of course uses geohot’s limera1n bootrom exploit to inject the jailbreak.

The 4.3.3 untether works on all devices that actually support 4.3.3 except for the iPad2:
● iPhone3GS
● iPhone4 (GSM)
● iPod touch 3G
● iPod touch 4G
● iPad1
● AppleTV2G (v4.3 8F202)

Link....iClarified - Apple News - iPhone Dev-Team Releases Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.3.3

Just be aware that if you're having problems running redsn0w in Win 7, you will have to run it in Win XP SP2 compatibility mode.

Last edited:
Slight panic here, I have just done this jailbreak with pwnage tool 4.3.3 and have no network after jailbreaking. Any ideas anyone?

If it was working fine before restore in iTunes and see if it works
Then re jailbreak

Then re jailbreak

I have restored in iTunes and working fine, will give JB another go sometime when I'm not so knackered.

I keep getting error message 3194 when trying to update from 4.3.1:mad:

I keep getting error message 3194 when trying to update from 4.3.1:mad:

You're getting this error because you ran tinyumbrella and it added a line in the host file on your computer

Remove the line 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com and reboot your computer.

Then do the restore again

You're getting this error because you ran tinyumbrella and it added a line in the host file on your computer

Remove the line 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com and reboot your computer.

Then do the restore again

Worked a treat. Thanks matey :)

Is 4.3.3 worth updating to from 4.2.1?

If I do update, how would I get all my Cydia apps and tweaks back?

Would I need to re install all individually, or is there a way to back these up then restore them?

I use bitesms, so when I update from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 in Itunes, will I loose bitesms, so loose all my texts?

Would a back up in itunes save all the info?

Sorry for so many questions.

neuty

Is 4.3.3 worth updating to from 4.2.1?

If I do update, how would I get all my Cydia apps and tweaks back?

Would I need to re install all individually, or is there a way to back these up then restore them?

I use bitesms, so when I update from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 in Itunes, will I loose bitesms, so loose all my texts?

Would a back up in itunes save all the info?

Sorry for so many questions.

neuty

iTunes doesn't back up Cydia Apps. You need PKGBackup or xBackup apps from Cydia to backup Cydia Apps

Then re jailbreak

Started from scratch and worked perfectly this time. I chose 'simple mode' instead of 'expert mode' not sure if that's what sorted it.

done and done...4.3.3 and jailbroken :)

Hi,
Anyone have any idea why itunes keeps telling me my iphone is eligible for this update when I do the jailbreak? Im updating from a jailbroken 4.3.1 phone. Using latest pwnage tool on mac. Have even tried downloading the firmware from a couple of different sites including official software from apple.
Done the jailbreak many times over the years and never encountered a problem.
Have thought about doing a proper restore in itunes to 4.3.3 then re-jailbreaking again but worried I may get this same message and not be able to jailbreak.
Cheers, Rich

Just tried to update, but iTunes is coming up with unknown error (1015).

Anyone got any ideas how to get round this, as when I try to restore to standard firmware I get the same error.

Thanks
Sparky

Hi,
Anyone have any idea why itunes keeps telling me my iphone is eligible for this update when I do the jailbreak? Im updating from a jailbroken 4.3.1 phone. Using latest pwnage tool on mac. Have even tried downloading the firmware from a couple of different sites including official software from apple.
Done the jailbreak many times over the years and never encountered a problem.
Have thought about doing a proper restore in itunes to 4.3.3 then re-jailbreaking again but worried I may get this same message and not be able to jailbreak.
Cheers, Rich

Backup your iPhone in iTunes (Very Important). Do a full restore to FW 4.3.3 not upgrade.

Jailbreak it. Install your neccessary apps from Cydia (First).

Then restore your backup from iTunes (Second)

That's it :thumbsup:

Just tried to update, but iTunes is coming up with unknown error (1015).

Anyone got any ideas how to get round this, as when I try to restore to standard firmware I get the same error.

Thanks
Sparky

Try post #8 of this thread. That should solve it

Backup your iPhone in iTunes (Very Important). Do a full restore to FW 4.3.3 not upgrade.

Jailbreak it. Install your neccessary apps from Cydia (First).

Then restore your backup from iTunes (Second)

That's it :thumbsup:

Hi,
Strange. Even when I try to do a full restore in itunes to the proper software, not jailbreak it still keeps telling me my iphone is not eligible for this upgrade.
Anyone got any ideas on this one?
Cheers, Rich

Worked fine for me :)

Well,I say it worked fine....seems all of a sudden I have next to naff all service. Can't even get a data connection. Will try it again in the morning.

Went through the process again from the start and all seems well this morning. Back to full signal and data again :)

I'm going to do my first jailbreak today :eek:

If I backup my phone in itunes first, will I still be able to use all the apps i've purchased once its jb?

What about all my contacts/messages etc, will they still be there? :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom