• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iOS 4.3.3 is out

hardcastle

How on earth is it 666mb in size?!

I swear 15 of 16gb iphone is taken up by fricking firmware updates!*

*I Have no idea how they work, do they overwrite and replace previous iterations or sit on top and or add on to?

andy1000

How on earth is it 666mb in size?!

I swear 15 of 16gb iphone is taken up by fricking firmware updates!*

*I Have no idea how they work, do they overwrite and replace previous iterations or sit on top and or add on to?

I agree - I was just reading that the HTC Desire HD over-the-air update to 2.3.3 Gingerbread was only 100Mb, so how Apple can make this that big I haven't a clue! :facepalm:

gkpm

Apple always ships the full iOS as an update, it simply overwrites the old one on the phone.

That also means you can upgrade up from any version with a simple download, no need to sort out multiple upgrade steps.

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Sooooo not going to bother, lol

chukwe

If your iPhone is jailbreaked, don't update to this version of firmware.

Otherwise you'll lose your jailbreak

Midge

Updated last night, and so far so good. Nothing broken at the moment..........

UEF

Was just thinking how well 4.3.2 is working jailbroken and how nice it is to be using the newest version for once... ***

bransoj

By all accounts the same exploit works for this latest version so you can upgrade to 4.3.3 and jailbreak again. Details in the jailbreak forum.

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Why do people rush whenever there is an update? I'm still on 4.3.0 - I don't usually bother with the .x releases unless something I use a lot is broken, as they are all such minor "upgrades" it's not worth it. I'll just wait for it to go to 4.4 or to 5.0

biggy7

with apple fixing the tracking on the iphone,

will the battery improve?

or was it only enabled once it was docked into itunes?

gkpm

with apple fixing the tracking on the iphone,

will the battery improve?

or was it only enabled once it was docked into itunes?

Seeing that one big reason for keeping the "tracking" file is to improve battery use, the fix - which reduces the amount of this cached information - can only make it slightly worse.

But it shouldn't be noticeable unless you have a job that keeps you moving all over the country but in a repeating weekly schedule, in which case you should be able to notice a few less minutes of use due to the increased location data downloads.

Midge

My download was 600+ MB (iPhone 4)

On the subject of 4.3.3, I upgraded on Wed night and then drained the battery yesterday. Charged it back up and then took it off charge around midnight. At 8am this morning battery was still 100% which is something I've not had before as usually drops of few % overnight :)

Clabs

Thanks for the info, Midge

4.3.1 and 4.3.2 (both jailbroken) seemed to give me a degradation in battery life so I think I will give this a go.

Cheers again fella.

My download was 600+ MB (iPhone 4)

On the subject of 4.3.3, I upgraded on Wed night and then drained the battery yesterday. Charged it back up and then took it off charge around midnight. At 8am this morning battery was still 100% which is something I've not had before as usually drops of few % overnight :)

Midge

Following on from last night, have 2hrs 10mins usage, standby of 20hrs 5 mins and battery is 76%.

Sent from my iPhone using AVForums

DanTheManc

I went from 4.1 jailbroken with limera1n to 4.3.3 Jailbroken with redsn0w on my iPhone 4 32GB.

I'm finding 4.3.3 noticeably slower and my battery isn't lasting as long :( it seems to have fixed my proximity sensor issue so not all bad news. I might downgrade back to 4.1

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom