• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

iOS 4.2 download why so long ? quick question

dazza1011

Prominent Member
a quick question this is my first iphone and update so i was wondering should it usually take nearly 2 hours to download and update, i dont have the best connection but it just seems to be taking a rather long time for something that is only 650MB approx.

is there a way to download it seperatly then just update thru itunes i.e: could i D/L at work then pop it on a drive and update at home ?

cheers

daz

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
The servers which have the updates get hammered when the update is first released. They, or their connection to the Internet, only have a certain amount of bandwidth available. It's like when you try and do lots of things with your broadband ( downloading a file, gaming, watching youtube) - that 2mbps can go so far.

Your just going to have to wait till the servers are less busy, such as late at night.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom