iOS 15 - notification banners and Apple Maps now too small

JamieBee

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi. The title explains my issue really. I have just installed the new iOS and I know that 2 of the new features are 1) to have more control of notifications to make them less distracting (Focus mode) and 2) 3D maps have been added to the Apple Maps app. However, is anyone else finding that the notification banners that pop up are considerably smaller than before and a bit harder to read ? I have tried adding message preview (which I don't usually use) but this doesn't really help. Also, I used Maps for the first time and although it has always been a bit smaller than Google maps, it is now even smaller and again, a bit more difficult to see. Anyone else think this ?

I called Apple tech support earlier to ask if there is anything I could do to make them a bit bigger or revert back to iOS14. The answer was no to both unfortunately, they have sent me a link so I can provide feedback, said I am not the only one to notice this, and all being well, they would bring out an update in the not too distant future to rectify these things.

No one else think this then ?
I got the iPhone 13 Pro on Friday which came with ios 15. Having looked at the notifications, yes definitely smaller, but I can still read them ok. Would increasing the font size have any effect on the notifications font size?

Can’t say I’ve noticed, which suggests to me that I don’t have any issues reading them, I wear glasses too.

If you’ve got sight problems, then I suppose any decrease in font size will be immediately apparent.

I got the iPhone 13 Pro on Friday which came with ios 15. Having looked at the notifications, yes definitely smaller, but I can still read them ok. Would increasing the font size have any effect on the notifications font size?
Hi. Luckily you can now change the font size per app or just for the Home Screen so I’ve increased Home Screen text to 110% which makes the notifications a little bit bigger. Unfortunately, increasing the size to maps makes the text a bit smaller but not the actual map, which is still tiny. Hopefully as Apple say, a future update will correct these things. Thanks for your help

Can’t say I’ve noticed, which suggests to me that I don’t have any issues reading them, I wear glasses too.

If you’ve got sight problems, then I suppose any decrease in font size will be immediately apparent.
I do wear lenses which gives me perfect sight but I don’t think it’s a sight issue. It’s just the banners and Maps are now too small

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom