iOS 14.5 enables 5G for dual SIM on iPhone 12 models

Dave X

Apple today seeded the first beta of iOS 14.5 to developers for testing, and a key new feature is global support for 5G in Dual-SIM mode on iPhone 12 models, as noted by Rene Ritchie.

iOS 14.5 Enables 5G in Dual-SIM Mode on iPhone 12 Models

1612218154202.jpeg

Markee

I use my iPhone 12 Pro Max in dual SIM mode, and whilst one of the main reasons for upgrading was 5G support, I’ve held off upgrading my contract to 5G due to the dual SIM issue.

Now that it looks like it’s going to be fixed in iOS 14.5, I’m looking at upgrading my EE contract to 5G.

Has anyone taken the plunge and updated to 5G? What’s the performance like? Have you got any Speedtest results on EE in a 5G area?

Thanks in advance!

bransoj

I've got 5G on my Sky Mobile contract basically because the 5G add on was free due to me having TV, Phone, Broadband with them so it was a no brainer. Dont get much in the way of 5G where i live currently but do sometime pick up what shows as 5G on my phone in parts of Derby when i'm at work, best i got is 217Mb down but it only had 7.2mb up. Also had 129 down and 26 up.

I'm not convinced its full 5G to be honest but its not costing me anything and having it turned on isnt having an detrimental effect on my phone from what i can tell.

Dave X

I use my iPhone 12 Pro Max in dual SIM mode, and whilst one of the main reasons for upgrading was 5G support, I’ve held off upgrading my contract to 5G due to the dual SIM issue.

Now that it looks like it’s going to be fixed in iOS 14.5, I’m looking at upgrading my EE contract to 5G.

Has anyone taken the plunge and updated to 5G? What’s the performance like? Have you got any Speedtest results on EE in a 5G area?

Thanks in advance!

EE 5G is pretty impressive, theres a fair amount of coverage around now and it’s a lot faster than 4G.

B368464B-33F1-4C4B-89B8-5CBC6559F0A0.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom