iOS 14.2 breaks Health/Fitness apps

sonysean

Established Member
Reaction score
So I've never had any major issues when updating to any iOS release until 14.2, and I'd never had any issues with the Health or Fitness apps previously (aside from the glitch that said Health was taking up PB's of data in storage).

However, after updating to 14.2 yesterday I noticed the Fitness/Activity app on my iPhone X would no longer load any data, just completely empty.
Along with that, opening the Health app also showed no data at all.

A couple of other things I noticed as well was that attempting to enter Health settings in the Settings app, would just freeze it for a few seconds and never load anything, as well as (more weirdly) in the Watch app, trying to enter 'General' settings would do the same and not load either.

Couldn't find much about it online, but decided to do a restore on my phone which seemed to fix it all and bring back all my activity/health data.

But, what's made me post about it now is that upon just updating my partner's phone to 14.2, the exact same issues have occured.

I can't figure it out, what would cause this to happen on both of our phones? I just find it strange as I can't seem to find others having similar problems since updating.

Unless, anyone here has had a similar issue?

There was an issue with Health on earlier 14.x versions... Maybe you were affected by this and it carried over?

May be, I had heard about there being issues on earlier versions, but it's strange that the update that was meant to fix them ended up actually braking them for us.

May be, I had heard about there being issues on earlier versions, but it's strange that the update that was meant to fix them ended up actually braking them for us.
Perhaps it was asymptomatic.

Sucks that you have to restore, but one of those you just have to suck up and move on :S

Perhaps it was asymptomatic.

Sucks that you have to restore, but one of those you just have to suck up and move on :S

Yeah I was just concerned at first that I wasn't going to get all that important fitness data back :D

Was just surprised it wasn't more of a wider reported issue, particularly as it's affected two of our devices.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom