• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Question iOS 12.1.2 Battery issues?

Alps

Guys, is anyone on iOS 12.1.2 who is having battery issues where the battery drains very very quickly? I know there are 2 versions of 12.1.2, but not sure if the latest version actually fixed possible battery drain issue.

I've read about this issue online and am wondering if it's widespread or is just affecting a few people.

BM08

Mine and the wife’s iPhone X and XS Max are fine. Haven’t heard about battery issues.
Must be software related if the issue only happened after updating

Alps

Thank you. I read a lot of feedback of folk experiencing severe battery drain after installing this version. I'll give it a try and if any problems I can always downgrade whilst Apple is still signing 12.1.1.

itcosthowmuch

I'm on a 6Plus on iOS 12.1.2 (16C101) and having awful problems with the battery being next to useless. It barely manages 12 hours in standby which has developed all of a sudden, though I'm not sure when it was updated. My battery health is at 88%. Now considering upgrading but am put off by the high prices :(

Alps

I'm on a 6Plus on iOS 12.1.2 (16C101) and having awful problems with the battery being next to useless. It barely manages 12 hours in standby which has developed all of a sudden, though I'm not sure when it was updated. My battery health is at 88%. Now considering upgrading but am put off by the high prices :(

There's been an update so try updating and see what happens. It could well be a dodgy app too.

itcosthowmuch

Sorry for not replying sooner updating didn’t improve things significantly, though I was at least able to go a whole day without fear of dieing so long as it wasn’t used much.

Gave up in the end and swapped over to a new XR and now happily go 2 or 3 days on one charge. I considered the XS - its physical size and screen were a big draw but the cost was a decider and now I’m really pleased with my choice as I can use the Ordnance Survey app on an 8 mile hike and only lose 15% of battery

BM08

Sorry for not replying sooner updating didn’t improve things significantly, though I was at least able to go a whole day without fear of dieing so long as it wasn’t used much.

Gave up in the end and swapped over to a new XR and now happily go 2 or 3 days on one charge. I considered the XS - its physical size and screen were a big draw but the cost was a decider and now I’m really pleased with my choice as I can use the Ordnance Survey app on an 8 mile hike and only lose 15% of battery

Congratulations on the new phone, the XR is brilliant. Have you tried the camera yet? You’ll be amazed.

itcosthowmuch

Congratulations on the new phone, the XR is brilliant. Have you tried the camera yet? You’ll be amazed.
Yes I'm really impressed with its dynamic range, video and sound in particular is quite incredible from such small speakers. The screen is great and it was only side by side with the XS that I could differentiate between the two. Only downside I've got to fork out for another as my wife wants one as well now!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom