Question iOS 11 Public Beta 6 any good / stable?

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Has anyone now downloaded the Public beta 6 for their iPhone / iPad yet?

How does it fair and is it worthwhile downloading?

May be worth a look here at MacRumors where there is a forum all about iOS11 and the various Betas.

iOS 11

Hi guys,

Has anyone now downloaded the Public beta 6 for their iPhone / iPad yet?

How does it fair and is it worthwhile downloading?

I'm using it on my old iPhone 6, seems extremely stable and bug free now.

Ok thanks :)

Have heard there are issues with FaceTime though

Last edited:
Saw someone say there is an issue if you are on Facetime and switch from Wifi to Mobile Data or vice versa it drops the call. Only an issue if you are wandering around etc though i'd have thought. No matter how stable etc it is you need to remember it is still a beta so there could be issues for stuff you do that havent been picked up as yet especially if apps havent been updated.

Ok thanks :)

Have heard there are issues with FaceTime though

I haven't noticed any, and I can't find any listed during a quick google, other than a comment for beta 1 which says:

• Switch to the FaceTime camera in the Camera app is currently broken.
http://www.iphonehacks.com/2017/06/ios-11-beta-problems.html

I've tested FaceTime and it is working as expected, do you have any more details for the issue you've been told about and I'll try and test it for you.

Hi @d123

It's just something I glanced at when reading through a segment of people updating

Will maybe just hold off for the time being, if you could use it on a primary device then I'd be happy but it may be prudent to hold off for

Hi @d123

It's just something I glanced at when reading through a segment of people updating

Will maybe just hold off for the time being, if you could use it on a primary device then I'd be happy but it may be prudent to hold off for

I have ended up using it on a primary device, I had it on my spare iPhone 6 and then sold my 6s+ in anticipation for the new phone in September meaning the iPhone 6 suddenly became my main phone for now.

I really haven't found any issues on the current beta, and had only one issue on beta 6, which was the Halifax bank app wouldn't open. I think it's pretty close to GM, if not there already, it's maybe one release away.

I've been using IOS 11 for a couple of months or so and found it really stable, so much so, that i went and installed it on all my devices. Currently on beta 7. There are two apps that won't work at all but I can live without those for the time being. Coupled with WatchOS 4, it's looking like the big update in September will be pretty neat for those waiting. :smashin:

There isn't a Public Beta for watch at the moment is there? It's only for Devs?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom