• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Iomega eGo portable HDD for macbook

CamFire

Distinguished Member
It's a USB2 external drive - and therefore works with any computer with a USB2 port.

Throughput - not speed - will probably at around 10-15 MBytes per second, giving a transfer time for a 1GByte file in approximately 3 minutes.

coops233

It's a USB2 external drive - and therefore works with any computer with a USB2 port.

Throughput - not speed - will probably at around 10-15 MBytes per second, giving a transfer time for a 1GByte file in approximately 3 minutes.

Thanks CamFire.

Just wanted to make sure as JL say if I open the HDD and it does not work I cannot take it back.

Veni Vidi Vici

Hi - please could someone confirm this HDD is ok to use with my macbook (black version)?

Buy Iomega eGo Portable External Hard Drive Compact Edition, 320GB online at JohnLewis.com

It does state it is for a pc/mac but would like someone just to confirm.

Also how long will it take to transfer data using USB 2.0?

Thanks

If not too late why not go for the Iomega eGo HDD (Mac edition) for £64.99 via Amazon. That is made specifically for Macs and is 500GB. It can also be used via Firewire 400 and 800 so if your macbook has this it will be quicker. Plus you get all three cables bundled with it.

;

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom