IoBox HD100 and few questions

ganon

Ok ive been after a nmt for about a year now but didnt get around getting one.
It appears that IoBox is slightly better than the pch. I looked at WD TV but it doest have a hd storage facility and wifi support (read there is a firmware hack, does this allow youtube and bittorent usage?)

i know the pch/iobox take 3.5 and 2.5 drives, but do they need seperate power?

Ok what i want is media tank that has wifi support, internal drive support and bittorent will be a bonus. There are too many too choose from including three mentined here istar, hdx, icy box and the other millions. Can someone suggest me the cheapest with those features please?

Also for the wifi adapter, can i use this? Tp Link Wireless Lite-N USB Adapter- microdirect.co.uk

I live in UK and found gizmodaddy site and digital era so im still choosing

Please help me make a decesion guys. I would maye got a wd tc coz its cheap but dont want to have an extra hdd lying around

edit: a saw a youtube video showing imdb style interface, you click on film it shows cover, rating a synopsis - which player does that?

edit 2: ah dan now theres this hdx1000. Can this do everything the iobox can and is it cool or does it heat up quickly?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom