Inzaman's Home Cinema Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

inzaman

Reaction score
I had my cellar converted at the end of 2004 for the purpose of turning it into a Home Cinema Room, see here for details on the conversion.

The room has been finished for a while now and is used a fair bit. The walls are painted in Chocolate Suede and Ivory Suede. This paint does give a plush feel to the room and absorbs a lot of the light reflections from the projector.

The front speakers are M&K MP150's and the rear speakers are M&K K4 tripoles which are wonderful rear speakers imo. These are powered by a Parasound 2205 amp. The processor is an Onkyo 705 receiver and is purely used for premap duties.

The sub is a XXLS-400 and integrates very well with the M&Ks and puts out enough bass for the room. I also have an Anti-mode 8033 to help tame the sub.

I have a Toshiba EP35 for HD-DVD, a BDP-S350 for Blu Ray, and a WDTV for my DVDs which are all stored on a 1TB hard drive uncompressed. I also have an Xbox 360 Elite for gaming.

The screen is a Carada Criterion 2.05 ratio at 81 inches wide by 39.5 inches high. I have masking for the sides to enable it to go to 1.66 and masking for the top enabling it to go to 2.5. Any movie over 2.05 i use the top masking and any move below 2.05 i used the side masking. The masking is made from Devore Velvet and strip magnets enabling it to slide perfectly into place.

The projector is a JVC HD350 and is shelf mounted.

I also have three snap frames containing movie posters, these posters are quick swappable and i have a full set of Star Wars posters. Stephen

Attachments

• dts logo.JPG
    dts logo.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 9,588
  • DSC00516.JPG
    DSC00516.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 14,633
  • New Front 185.JPG
    New Front 185.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 7,498
  • New Front 205.jpg
    New Front 205.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 10,071
  • New Front 235.jpg
    New Front 235.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 3,393
Last edited:
looks great! Where did you get the DTS sign?

Thanks for the compliments guys. Ewan i got the DTS sign from the classifieds off these forums, very lucky really as i havent seen one like it since and it is full size too.

Nice - I'll have to take a trip down the A38 sometime for a proper look :)

John you are more than welcome :)

Thats a sweet looking set up. I never get bored of looking at those B&W speakers.

Great setup :thumbsup: Theres one hell of a groove in that sofa:D

Thats a nice looking room my friend, I'm very envious !

This sure is a great introduction with this forum.:cool: Superb setup!:smashin:

nice, liking the sofa and colour sceme, works well :thumbsup:

Hi Inzaman.

I am thinking all doing all 4 walls in the Crown chockolate brown suade. Do you think this will make the room too dark or should i do 1 wall in the lighter suade paints?
Also how much did it cost in paint to do your room?
Very nice set up by the way.

Cheers

Andy.

Thanks for the complement's Guys.

Andy, if your room is also a living room etc then imo i think it would be too dark with the chocolate suede, if it is a dedicated cinema room then go for it. The ivory suede also has great light absorbing properties, better than other paints of the same colour imx, there is also a tan suede which is lighter than the chocolate which you could try.

The cost is about £18 for 5 litres, i think, and it took about five tins to paint my room as you need at least two coats to get the actual suede effect. If your walls have not been painted before and are bare plaster then i would recommend a cheaper paint as an undercoat, then paint over using the suede. We painted the suede straight on freshly plastered walls and the first coat took most of the paint.

what a room - ive just come! :eek:

Cool DVD storage, can I ask where you bought it?

Thanks guys, phew neilos70 i'm not inviting your round :D

CFS said:
Cool DVD storage, can I ask where you bought it?
Its from Argos, i think its called a New York multimedia unit.

That is MINT!

Have you ever seen Tony Soprano's home cinema on The Sopranos? It was nice! The characters are very often shown commenting on the latest home cinema technology - DVDs, surround sound and in the latest series HDTV - almost always as they've got knocked-off equipment. May have to call Tony - see if he can get me 42" LCD...

Superb room.:smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom