teeveedee

Glass isn't a long term contract, so why would the Puck only option be?
As I said, so that it doesn’t make NOW obsolete. They’ll want to make maximum money out of it so the puck-only option will be tied to a Sky broadband deal (like Virgin Stream) or a long-term contract. They won’t just give them away for a pittance.
That’s what I reckon anyway.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
I got exactly the same. No idea if Sky received the info.
I asked Sky Trials and have received this response

Thanks for your email and participation in this trial. I can confirm that we’ve received your reported fault and that is the expected route of the survey despite the confusing end page! Please continue to submit issues as the trial progresses.

Kind regards,

Edward

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Haha typical, I fill in the Poll for the latest release a couple of days ago which to a certain extent was mostly positive.
Today however a few issues that totally contradict my Poll answers 😂
And of course you can’t resubmit another Poll once you’ve already done one 🙄
I’ve done 4 fault forms so far this morning covering both ATVHD and ATV4K.

teeveedee

I have to say I've been finding it to be largely very good in terms of functionality. It's certainly quicker than the Sky Glass interface on a Sky puck or even the NOW app on ATV. The 720P streams actually look very good upscaled on my OLED TV. Just browsing through the 'What's on now' rail at the bottom and watching the live streams of ITV, Ch4, Five, etc - they all appear pretty much instantly and are almost as good as the 1080i output of the Q box.
If they added 1080P streaming & 5.1 audio (which they won't) it would make an absolute mockery of the Sky puck.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom