InvisibleSHIELD for DS Lite - this is the dogs nads.

Hades

Distinguished Member
For those of you who have not protected their DS Lite yet, I can highly recommend the invisibleSHIELD. This covers the whole unit and has a lifetime warranty with it.

I have bought mine direct from the company in America, however I have just found a UK company selling it.

So thought I would share it with you just in case anyone was after one.

http://www.blueunplugged.com/p.aspx?p=120730

Gazza.

D

dude1971

A UK distributor, just as I was about one from that US site ;)

Thanks again!

:smashin:

D

dude1971

Just to repay the love, here is a 10% discount code that works for this website :thumbsup:

BMC10

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I've always used invisibleSHIELD's for my gadgets and have never had any problems - thoroughly recommended! The great thing is that they are very easy to apply with no bubbles!

Hades

Distinguished Member
Just to let you know that mine came from the American site, found the UK one after. However it took only a week to get here, very impressed.

D

dude1971

Mine came in 2 days, will apply it tonight and report back tomorrow.

D

dude1971

OK, I'm confused?

I thought that this was supposed to cover the screen but it covers everything but the screen? The top screen is covered but not the bottom one, surely that's the one that will be getting more abuse than anything else???

Hades

Distinguished Member
There are 2 types one for screens only and one for full cover. The full cover one does cover both screens... otherwise it would be a pointless purchase. I bought the full one and it had one for bottom and top screen. There are lots of bits you have to lay them all out and make sure you know which one is going where.

I can assure you it has the bottom one in with it, if it has not then they have cocked up. Took me quite a while putting it all on, but glad I did it now.

D

dude1971

It's weird, as my friend got one and I've seen it but no bottom screen. Maybe she didn't get one? I did think it was weird not to get one! I'll check mine tonight, thanks mate.

Hades

Distinguished Member
We are talking about the InvisibleSHIELD one? Not some 3rd party one? The IS one has no end of bits with it. Some of it ends up as waste. But you need to set it all out, otherwise it could be very easy to mess up and throw something away that you need. IIRC the screen ones were separate to the rest.

PS: It's no 5 minute job either if you get the full cover and if you have kids make sure there in bed or something, otherwise your patience might be tested ;)

D

dude1971

Yeah, it's the invisible shield from the link at the top. Seems weird that they'd not find the one for a bottom screen. They're not dumb, so I don't know how they missed it. I'll check mine tonight, wanted to bring it into work but too busy today :mad:

D

dude1971

My friend said :-

"It was the Invisible SHIELD one yes, not a third party.

There were parts for the whole Nintendo lite including the end parts. Just the plastic screen was missing, I did set out all the parts very carefully before I started and read all the instructions...(we are an IKEA nation after all). And I checked all the paper and parts that came with it before I threw it away. There was definitely only one piece for the screen!"

D

dude1971

Well we covered my girlfriends pink DS lite in this stuff this week and I wasn't impressed. The bubbles/air bumps don't go after a few days as stated. The screen has a mark on the underside of the sticker that I can't shift, (probably a finger print, should have coated my fingers first, I know...) it was far too fiddly on the right had side where the buttons are. But at least I don't mind if the kids play it now!

Essential for parents, not essential if you look after things maybe?

And my friend is asking for the extra piece for one of her screens, she's adamant that she didn't get that extra square!

Hades

Distinguished Member
I took my time doing this as I knew it would be a stressful thing. A couple of times I had to take it off and re-apply but I used plenty of spray and I had no issues in the end whatsoever. I have no bubbles nor any marks. You really do have to do as it says and as the video shows. Take your time and apply great care and attention and you end up with the perfect result, as I did.

Sorry to hear its not gone the same for you. I look after all my gear but with purchasing black, I knew it was going to look ugly with finger prints all the time, hence why I got the full cover.

I still stress this is an excellent product and I am more than happy with it. Was defo worth every penny in my book.

D

dude1971

I think that the colour makes a big difference. I applied it to a Pink one, and it was very hard to work out what I was doing. My friend did it perefectly, on her black one. It's my girlfriends fault for wanting a black one :mad:

Zoogly

I'm just wondering whether the lint free cloth comes with the pack?
And whether the stuff you spray on also works with other skins? Has anyone tried it?
I've got a nice Animal Crossing skin on my DS Lite and I'll want to put it back on after.
Anyway, from the thread and looking at the official site and videos, I'll probably get a full body set for my DS and PSP Lites.:)
Thanks Gazza UK for the heads up!:thumbsup:

Hades

Distinguished Member
All I can say is you really need to take your time with it. Use the spray and lay all the bits out and work out what goes where. I actually applied one on the wrong side, but was able to take it off and put on the correct side with no issues.

It took me quite a while to do mine, and I ended up with a perfect result with no bubbles... very very pleased with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom