Inverto unicable II + catv

yurtesen

Novice Member
I was wondering if it would be possible to use inverto's unicable ii multiswitch's terrestrial input for catv/docsis connection. I mean, would it interfere with cable modem operation? If this is not possible, can a 5-2400mhz combiner (eg. inverto combiner) used to combine output of inverto multiswitch with cabletv without side effects at the cabletv side?

winston2010

Do not interfere with your cable connection. Any signals you may accidentally inject could interfere with other customers.

winston2010

That device is to mix cable TV with satellite in Germany. Cable and satellite use different frequencies. You want to mix cable and terrestrial which use the same frequencies.
In Germany cable customers are allowed to connect their cable to their TV. Here you are not supposed to touch your cable for the reason I already explained.

yurtesen

Novice Member
@winston2010 you were making assumptions. I never said I want to mix terrestrial with cable. I said "use inverto's unicable ii multiswitch's terrestrial input for catv/docsis connection". Obviously I am trying to connect cable TV into terrestrial input of the multiswitch which means I am trying to combine satellite with cabletv. So... no problems with signal frequencies eh?

Inverto unicable ii multiswitch is clearly exactly same kind of device as MSW 96 P. The problem is that the terrestrial input on inverto's device does not go up to 1000+MHz to support docsis. The question is how to overcome this restriction while using Inverto's unicable ii multiswitch?

Do you understand the problem now?

winston2010

OK, if the input does not go up to 1000MHz you clearly can’t use it.

Still does not alter the fact that you are not supposed to interfere with cable connections in the UK.

yurtesen

Novice Member
It is not interfering if you do not inject signals to it.
Cabletv networks in apartment buildings are not one cable and 100s of bi-directional splitters. It would be pretty difficult to mess with it anyway. If it was just connected together, a problem like a small short circuit in one place would effect many and also would be very difficult to locate.

winston2010

Not true. If you cause a mismatch there would be reflections which could affect other subscribers. Also connecting unauthorised equipment could cause egress of the cable signals which could cause interference to others using those frequencies.

TJT1

I wonder if he means the power DC pass that has a diode in it which won't pass DC the 'wrong' way like when a 'power pass' splitter is used as a combiner, but needs to pass power.

Top Bottom