Inverto output to DMREX769?

warmkiwi99

Standard Member
I am another lucky person with an Inverto and no EPG.

I am intending to get the Panasonic DMREX769 as it has good reviews here and is a good price.

I know it only has one tuner but is it possible to take the RF output on the Inverto to the RF input on the DMREX769? Or similar thing in reverse?

Inverto is a good box apart from the EPG so I am thinking I could use the recording (Now/Next) on the Inverto while also having a full EPG on the DMREX769 for advance recording. Is this possible?

Gavtech

Administrator
I am another lucky person with an Inverto and no EPG.

I am intending to get the Panasonic DMREX769 as it has good reviews here and is a good price.

I know it only has one tuner but is it possible to take the RF output on the Inverto to the RF input on the DMREX769? Or similar thing in reverse?

Inverto is a good box apart from the EPG so I am thinking I could use the recording (Now/Next) on the Inverto while also having a full EPG on the DMREX769 for advance recording. Is this possible?
Welcome to the forum.

The simple answer is yes.

Your aerial feed is simply daisy chained through both devices, finishing up at the TV. The order of the devices does not usually matter . [... unless you encounter specific problems.]

You can also connect a scart between inverto TV output scart and AV2 of the 769 to provide the ability to archive recordings from the inverto onto the 769.

warmkiwi99

Standard Member
That's great! Thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated!

I thought perhaps the "RF out" on the Inverto might have been a "tuned" output for older TVs with no SCART sockets.

creddish

Novice Member
That's great! Thanks for the quick reply - much appreciated!

I thought perhaps the "RF out" on the Inverto might have been a "tuned" output for older TVs with no SCART sockets.
Well yes the RF output does provide that functionality but it can also be used for conveniently routing the Inverto output to TVs in other parts of the house. The RF output is rarely provided on recent A/V equipment unfortunately.

Colin

warmkiwi99

Standard Member
so is the "RF out" raw from the antenna or has it been tuned by the Inverto? So if I tune the Inverto to say "Dave" will the Panasonic be able to tune the RF in to say, BBC1?

Gavtech

Administrator
so is the "RF out" raw from the antenna or has it been tuned by the Inverto? So if I tune the Inverto to say "Dave" will the Panasonic be able to tune the RF in to say, BBC1?
You can connect many receiving devices down an aerial daisy chain, and each will be able to pick out and discriminate any channel available on that aerial.

All different channels, all the same - it matters not. Each device acts independently.

Given Colin's information, the inverto additionally put's it's own output onto an RF carrier.
In effect, it is as if the inverto output is another analogue TV channel and any devices down stream of it can tune into provided they have analogue tuners.

One caution - if this function is not switchable on the inverto ... the analogue channel it outputs can interfere with the digital channels you want... so may require retuning.
So only use this function if you need it for some reason, otherwise turn it off, if it is possible to do so.

warmkiwi99

Standard Member
Slightly off topic but having been burnt by the Inverto and its loss of the 7 or 8 days EPG, is the EX769's EPG OK now and for the forseeable future?

Gavtech

Administrator
Slightly off topic but having been burnt by the Inverto and its loss of the 7 or 8 days EPG, is the EX769's EPG OK now and for the forseeable future?
It is reasonably safe to say yes.

It uses the modern digital guideplus EPG which is broadcast on the back of the Bid TV channel. Backed by two big corporations - Panasonic and Gemstar and supported by the Radio Times and Ofcom.

I do not see this guide disappearing.

Old analogue guides have been heading for oblivion for some time.
Analogue broadcasting will disappear altogether in 2012 and any analogue delivered EPG guides will go with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom