Inverto or Digihome ?

greycounciller

I'm dying to get a PVR, but am undecided as to which. As many "posters" have acknowledged, it seems to come down to reliabilty and having dual record capabilities.
So as not to reignite the issue, i've narrowed down my search to either the Inverto 7000L or the Digihome PVR160(in it's many 'guises).
Boots have this deal (www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=418589) which is giving triple points til 2morrow I think (Just means an extra bottle of perfume for the wife:smashin: ) and the Digihome and the clones had this deal from Maplins (www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=99076&doy=11m12 , though showing up now as discontinued? and this www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97002&criteria=DIGITAL RECEIVERS&doy=11m12).
I basically want the double record option and ease of use and reliable operation.
I don't envisage splashin out on a Toppy or Humax so will this be a decent choice :lease:
I'd like to hear your views, preferably before the deadline.

greycounciller

Seems Ok, but not new. I hada prblem wih rfubs befre(seeeeeee,dodgy keyboad, otmy speling!):D

greycounciller

Finally went for the Inverto @£149.99.
Expected delivery by Tuesday next week.
Lets see just how good it is!

russellsprout

Novice Member
We've had our Inverto for nearly a year and apart from a couple of glitches -- but then, no PVR seems bug free -- it's been great. We also value the support of a dedicated Internet user forum, something which the Maplin brand doesn't have. It's this ability to talk to other owners / users which makes AV Forums go invaluable and forums dedicated to specific products like the Verty. Personally, I won't touch a product that doesn't have a user group within easy reach!

greycounciller

Got my "Verty" yesterday in the post, so far, not too bad, but there is one major prob with it so I may have to send it back. Details to follow..........

greycounciller

Yes, the "Verty" seems to be a competent performer and works well with my set-up:smashin: .
The only problem for me (and a great oversight in it's operation) is that when you've scanned and stored all channels, you can't delete the ones you don't need:thumbsdow .
I thought that since this was standard with all the STB's i've come across, PVR's would be the same, but this is not.
The reason why it's a problem is that I'd normally de-tune channels I don't want the little one seeing, plus all the TUTV and other junk that no-one bothers to watch.
The fact that you can't do it, they're all their in all their glory:eek: .
The nearest you can get to changing the channel list is to store your "favorites" in order and even then, the ones you don't watch, your supposed to push then further down the list towards the bottom.
Thats a real blow:( .
The set though is a beautiful in design and I love the flouresecent display with the time/channel name on the front.
What does one get next?
Well, it looks like I'll have to join the "Hummy" or "Toppy" brigade, unless I can find something more suitable elswhere:rolleyes: .

nwgarratt

Yes, the "Verty" seems to be a competent performer and works well with my set-up:smashin: .
The only problem for me (and a great oversight in it's operation) is that when you've scanned and stored all channels, you can't delete the ones you don't need:thumbsdow .
I thought that since this was standard with all the STB's i've come across, PVR's would be the same, but this is not.
The reason why it's a problem is that I'd normally de-tune channels I don't want the little one seeing, plus all the TUTV and other junk that no-one bothers to watch.
The fact that you can't do it, they're all their in all their glory:eek: .
The nearest you can get to changing the channel list is to store your "favorites" in order and even then, the ones you don't watch, your supposed to push then further down the list towards the bottom.
Thats a real blow:( .
The set though is a beautiful in design and I love the flouresecent display with the time/channel name on the front.
What does one get next?
Well, it looks like I'll have to join the "Hummy" or "Toppy" brigade, unless I can find something more suitable elswhere:rolleyes: .

I have also had to resort the channel order but it has never bothered me. I don't see it as a big deal. My Thomson DHD 4000 also has a favourite list and it is possible to switch between the full and favourite lists.

greycounciller

The favorite list shows "all" the programs, but put in an order you want which is why the duff ones are put at the bottom.
You can't switch between the 2.
Where it really peeves me is that if you use the favorite button, it works it way thru the list in one direction, making you have to resort to the channel buttons if you want to go upwards, which then picks up the channels in between.
It's a big design error:suicide: AFAIK which should've been corrected in a firmware upgrade:nono: .

nwgarratt

Still doesn't bother me. I have my favoruites first in the list. It is so quick and changing channels (use up and down in the middle and then select). If I am at the end of my favourites it only take a couple of seconds to go back to BBC 1 which is first.

greycounciller

Right.
I've finally done more research on what to get and after looking at many manufacturer user manuals onine (seems like the safest option) it looks like it will be the Hummy for me.
I'll look and see what the prices are saying over the coming sales (?)and see what bargin I may crack.
I did see the Hummy in Dixons (£199 who they kidding) the other day and it does look the part, and the remote is well, say, adequate.
I've still got to look into what the "add on's" do but the standard machine will more than cut the mustard for me.
Let you know what bargin I see and get:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom