Inverto idl7000m - 250gb £58.00 new

ash005

Novice Member
ive just bought one of these for my cinema room for £58 - brand new from costco with 250gb hdd

anyone know if its any good

best thing about costco is that the offer a lifetime guarantee - which has come in handy in the past

seems like a bargain to me

ash .

matlane

Standard Member
I was looking at this in the local branch today, but thought the price was £99+VAT.

Which branch did you get it from?

I wonder if they price match themselves!

Gerbil

Nice price, but I don't think you'll think it's a bargain if it wipes out your entire library of recorded programmes.

Inverto has virtually pulled out of the UK market. They don't post on the InvertoForums any more and they haven't provided any firmware fixes for the library loss bug which they claimed they're unable to reproduce, despite the fact that 75% of the people who answered the survey on InvertoForums had experienced it.

I recommended one to my parents some time ago and they've suffered a complete loss of recordings three times in the space of 18 months. That's with the 80Gb model. Think how much more you stand to lose with the 250Gb model.

Sorry to sound so negative, but I don't think that manufacturers like Inverto deserve to get away with not properly supporting their products. I've just bought my parents a secondhand Topfield off eBay as they've got no faith left in the Inverto.

All of the PVRs have got bugs to some extent, but I don't think any of the other brands discussed on here have got such a catastophic unfixed bug as the Inverto. It's a shame really as it's a nice unit. Never misses a recording, my parents found it easy to use etc., but I don't think Inverto deserve anyone's money while major flaws go unfixed.

ash005

Novice Member
i got it from the leeds branch

to be honest i thinka ll boxes have their problems

ive had 4 humax boxes

all hav had some fault

ash .

Major Dutch

Standard Member
I have the 80GB version and I've also experienced a few (not too many) partial losses and also lock ups at times. The worst part though is it's extreme sensitivity to power spikes. I have it plugged into the same socket as my back boiler and every time the fire kicks in it stutters playback - it doesn't affect anything else plugged into the socket :mad: The other issue is when I'm near the bottom of the EPG and scroll right to move on an hour, 9 times out of 10 it will skip about 6 hours or even move onto the next day! I have to scroll up to the top of the EPG (BBC1 etc) and then go right an hour and scroll back down....

Other than that though it's nice to use, looks good and is quiet in operation. Very disapointed in Inverto for dropping firmware support though.

hodg100

Distinguished Member
Other than that though it's nice to use, looks good and is quiet in operation. Very disapointed in Inverto for dropping firmware support though.

They actually haven't dropped f/w support, apparently. A beta firmware, V1.10, appeared, out of the blue, late last year though I wouldn't be holding my breath for any further updates!

Major Dutch

Standard Member
They actually haven't dropped f/w support, apparently. A beta firmware, V1.10, appeared, out of the blue, late last year though I wouldn't be holding my breath for any further updates!
I actually think mine has that version on it already as I got one of the last of the line :D

Like you though, I don't think I'll be holding my breath for more! I never regret buying it as I do like it, but if I was to get another PVR it wouldn't be by Inverto, and that's a shame.

hodg100

Distinguished Member
I actually think mine has that version on it already as I got one of the last of the line :D

Like you though, I don't think I'll be holding my breath for more! I never regret buying it as I do like it, but if I was to get another PVR it wouldn't be by Inverto, and that's a shame.

Yep, there's lots good about them but the major flaws would need addressing before I'd consider another:)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom