Inverto Alloy Dishes = Triax Dishes ?

Free To Air

Hi,

While browsing some dish options I came across the Inverto 80cm Alloy dish. It looks remarkably like a Triax TDA78 aluminium dish but at a lower cost.

Inverto - IDLB-ALCF80-KUANO-LPS -

Are Triax manufacturing dishes for Inverto? The specs for the Inverto 80cm dish and the Triax TDA78 dish are practically identical including that distinctive elevation adjustment bracket on the back of the dish.

For anyone looking for an aluminium dish around this size (78cm x 70cm) the Inverto 80cm dish could possibly represent value for money? They are available from eBay for £41 delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INVERTO-8...reeview_RL&hash=item2c6857768a#ht_2593wt_1399

Rgds
FTA

excollier

Good find, Triax's own branded are steel, so this is intersting. Certainly resembles a Triax in all but name.

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
Good find, Triax's own branded are steel, so this is intersting. Certainly resembles a Triax in all but name.
There's several Triax dish look-a-likes - Inverto have had a range for a while / Technomate also a similar triax looking dish range & several badge the same one plus TM have mesh versions......

.... still installing Triax :smashin:

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
From reading the specs I think that the Maxx Digital dishes are steel and not aluminium?

Rgds
FTA
The Maxx dishes that Amazon ad link takes you to look like the ones Technomate badge (I've looked at those in the past & a few others & came to about that conclusion then).

Basically there's Chinese manufacturer/s making these cheap Triax look-a-like copies & several companies badging them, they use a basic & thinner pivoting el rather than the far better designed (but harder to set:)) clasp design & much better pole grips of the Triax.

The Triax AZ/EL has increased lateral strength from bends in it's design (when it's installed properly). The Triax pole grips on the Triax go unnoticed by many just how good they are - they look like what you see on snow shoes & the grips are on the inside of the AZ/EL clamp so the grip is far better than a cheaper to design & make smooth grip & just relying on the friction grip of the pole clamps & U bolts.

The curved back box to the AZ/EL is copied - it holds the curve of dish shape in the bottom half & due to a parabola's stability with the rim strength, keeps the face 'in shape' better compared to AZ/ELs that have say 4 bolts in the middle of the dish (like Channel Master / Prodelin for example lol- (the web design on the back is why that is not such an issue)). The box section ali' feed arms are almost identical too.

QC is another big issue :lesson: with these copies & long term rust proofing - but if someone makes one & consistently performs well for it's size - I'd look at using them

you have to ask why there are so many cheap copes of the Triax design.

Free To Air

pedro2000uk,

Are you saying that the Inverto dishes that look like the Triax dish are cheap Chinese copies rather than Triax manufacturing dishes for Inverto with Inverto branding?

I find it a bit hard to believe that Inverto would badge their name onto a cheap Chinese copy of a Triax dish. I could be wrong on that though.

Regards
FTA

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
pedro2000uk,

Are you saying that the Inverto dishes that look like the Triax dish are cheap Chinese copies rather than Triax manufacturing dishes for Inverto with Inverto branding?
Almost but I didn't say cheap Chinese - so much of what is manufactured today is manufactured in China

I find it a bit hard to believe that Inverto would badge their name onto a cheap Chinese copy of a Triax dish. I could be wrong on that though.

Regards
FTA
why do you find it hard to believe - what do you think is so good about Inverto that they wouldn't badge a range of dishes

Free To Air

why do you find it hard to believe - what do you think is so good about Inverto that they wouldn't badge a range of dishes
I was not saying they would not badge a range of dishes, they obviously have.

My point was that I would have thought that Inverto would have badged their logo on dishes made for them by Triax rather than put their logo on copies of a Triax dish made in China.

I asked a couple of the buyers of the Inverto 80cm aluminium dish what they thought of their purchase. One buyer lived in a coastal area and he said it was lasting up to the sea air better than previous dishes he had had.

That sounds like a reasonable endorsement of the product, another possible addition to the FTA dish farm?

Rgds
FTA

Last edited:

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member

I asked a couple of the buyers of the Inverto 80cm aluminium dish what they thought of their purchase. One buyer lived in a coastal area and he said it was lasting up to the sea air better than previous dishes he had had.

That sounds like a reasonable endorsement of the product, another possible addition to the FTA dish farm?

Rgds
FTA
I've tested a lot of dishes/ motors/ lnbs etc.. before I'd use them on installs & it's a long process - one report from an unknown source would just rate a note that someone somewhere said that but I wouldn't put any more on it than that - a lot of people saying the same thing might make it more noteworthy but I've seen now & in the past several people say the same thing ..:facepalm:... you have to test equipment yourself & visually I already don't like the simpler & flimsier AZ/EL.