1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Invasion.....

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by pringtef, Oct 23, 2005.

1. pringtef

pringtef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Anyone been watching this? Still don't know what to make of it. Into its fifth episode, and although its started getting a bit more interestingly sinister, still has to really grab me.

That said Kira is pretty delicious.....

2. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Yes it is okay Invasion of the body snatchers. I think it will become pretty dull pretty quick though same as Threshold did.

3. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    I been watching too, but it does seem to be a bit slow.

A few nice eerie moments, but I dont understand what it is thats supposed to be happening to the "mother".
    Is she turning into something? Or is something in her?

What gets me is that US networks cancell great programs like "Firefly" and "Tru Calling" and yet get away with these programs that dont seem to be going anywhere...

4. Hawklord

Hawklord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    I'm enjoying it and will continue to watch it. Threshold has got a bit mediocre very quickly but I'll give it a few more episodes before i stop watching.
    Any other sci-fi tv series worth a look at the moment? I've got supernatural to watch and surface but I'm holding out until I have all of the epsiodes available to watch;)

I hope they bring out a space series to replace firefly, Star Trek and BSG as there doesn't seem to be anything about in the same vein at the moment.

5. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Battlestar Galactica doesn't need replacing because as far as I know this series is going strong. I do however agree with your sentiment and hope that in the very near future there would be more quality science-fiction series set in Space rather than earthbound, much like BSG or B5 . Beyond Battlestar Galactica I guess the closest would have to be Stargate/Stargate Atlantis but they aren't really set in " space" as such.

6. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    I am glad someone else said that - I was about to frantically search the internet for cancellation information :eek: I do agree though SciFi is quite sparce at present (bar repeats) - BSG is gone until January (?) and Dr Who won't repear until Easter (bar a short Xmas special). Doesn't seem to be much else on offer at present...