Invasion of the Body Snatchers (TBC)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Warner Bros. is developing yet another remake of the classic science fiction story, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, which traditionally sets its paranoid terrors in a small town where aliens invade, slowly replacing the local inhabitants with inhuman copies.

The studio has recruited David Leslie Johnson to pen the script.

Invasion-Of-The-Body-Snatchers-1956-poster-31.jpg
bodysnatchers-1956-review-019.jpg

I dont know why they have to make it again the reamak was highly regarded although I prefer the original.
Watching that clip I spotted the Dr at 1,43 is Larry Gates who was in a slapping match with Virgil Tibbs, I think he ended up crying.

Well the last one went down well :D

The Invasion (2007) Nicole Kidman, Daniel Craig,

Warner Bros. is developing yet another remake of the classic science fiction story, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, which traditionally sets its paranoid terrors in a small town where aliens invade, slowly replacing the local inhabitants with inhuman copies.

The studio has recruited David Leslie Johnson to pen the script.

View attachment 887796 View attachment 887797

no one else has ;)

NO!!

DFLXEnTXoAAh4qL.jpg

personally I've always thought Abel Ferrara's 1993 version; Body Snatchers, that he made between Bad Lieutenant and Dangerous Game, is one of the better ones. I like it anyway.
I don't mind them having another crack at the story, they'll struggle to come up with something worse than 2007's The Invasion, but I'm sure that won't stop them trying ;)

Only thing I can say, can they do what they did with The Rise of the Planet of Apes to the original Planet of the Apes. Which sort of has the same premise but totally fresh slant on it.

I don't know if the new remake from writer David Leslie Johnson is still happening.

Anyway I watched Don Siegel's '56 version last might for first time, i thought the writing was very good. Looking forward to re-watching '78 & 2007 (not Kid'ing'man yes i know it has crap reviews, shush!!! :D ), this week.

I might give Abel Ferrara's version a go too!, thanks to ^ @Rambo John J above

I end up looking like a pod!

20 Feb 2020 08-19-34.jpg
20 Feb 2020 08-20-54.jpg

I don't know if the new remake from writer David Leslie Johnson is still happening.

Anyway I watched Don Siegel's '56 version last might for first time, i thought the writing was very good. Looking forward to re-watching '78 & 2007 (not Kid'ing'man yes i know it has crap reviews, shush!!! :D ), this week.

I might give Abel Ferrara's version a go too!, thanks to ^ @Rambo John J above

I end up looking like a pod!

View attachment 1260519View attachment 1260520
I believe the director was not please as the film was suppose to end where Kevin McCarthy was on the road shouting There everywhere and opening a truck up and seeing the pods but they made him tag on where hes retelling the tale and they don't believe him and then they find an overturned truck with the pods.
Did you spot a flaw in the film?
Where he leaves Becky and comes back and she's taken over?
Well that's not how the pods work the pods form a double not take you over and dont they have to be near to?

There a spot in the 1978 which debatable
if a remake or a sequel as Kevin is in it and on about the pods taking over and he gets knocked down by a car driven by Don Siegel.
Apart from this and an episode of The Invaders I can't recall him playing anyone of decent character even in The Invaders plays
two roles one being an invader impersonator.
but thought he was very good as the main hero in the 1956 film.
I remember them on a film clip program when I was a lad where they did different genres and they did this film and really fancid it, it was not till about 10 years later they were showing it at an independent cinema on a double sci fi bill I saw it and loved it ever since.

There a couple of other old films that sort of use the body snatcher film premise in that decade, It Came From Outer Space and I Married a Monster From Outer Space(that's the film name not the wife, although out of this world in the nice possible way).

Last edited:
Just a though the film was released at the time of Mccarthyism and suppose to reflect the paranoia of the time, and having an actor in it called McCarthy :eek: but wonder if the pod people are the ones in line with Mccarthyism, as Kevin says there coming for you, meaning there going to be calling you a communist next!:eek::eek:

I believe the director was not please as the film was suppose to end where Kevin McCarthy was on the road shouting There everywhere and opening a truck up and seeing the pods but they made him tag on where he's retelling the tale and they don't believe him and then they find an overturned truck with the pods.
Did you spot a flaw in the film?

What was the flaw ?
i preferred the way it ended

Where he leaves Becky and comes back and she's taken over? Well that's not how the pods work the pods form a double not take you over and don't they have to be near to?

Maybe the huge greenhouse farm with giant seeding pods were responsible while becky slept over the hill and in the tunnel...

What was the flaw ?
i preferred the way it ended

Where he leaves Becky and comes back and she's taken over? Well that's not how the pods work the pods form a double not take you over and don't they have to be near to?

Maybe the huge greenhouse farm with giant seeding pods were responsible while becky slept over the hill and in the tunnel...
They turned
Becky in the tunnel into a pod person, but the pods took people over and formed the new body in the pod and the original died.

I prefer it the way it ended as well.

I know it's only DVD but there a good boxset of sci fi of that era and one of my other favorites from the era in it The Incredible Shrinking Man.
Oh on the Invasion disc is a colourised version and the very worst conversion I ever seen.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
They turned
Becky in the tunnel into a pod person, but the pods took people over and formed the new body in the pod and the original died.

I prefer it the way it ended as well.

I know it's only DVD but there a good boxset of sci fi of that era and one of my other favorites from the era in it The Incredible Shrinking Man.
Oh on the Invasion disc is a colourised version and the very worst conversion I ever seen.

cool I'll check out Shrinking Man eventually!

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Warning Massive Spoilers but not how the film ends
The opening music must have been used scores of time in the 50s for this type of film. And the vioce sound like William Shatner :D

Will be disappointed if they don't tweak the title. I've seen;
Invasion of the Body Snatchers
The Invasion
Body Snatchers.

Hopefully they can title this one "Of The", and we'll have covered all permutations.

1978 version
Nice to see & unexpected Kevin McCarthy's running man character cameo in the '78 film!, the highlight of a dull first half, i turned it off, also the '93 version was a bore, so turned that off too, may go back to them eventually, '56 is still king! just Nicole left to soothe me, best to last:D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom