Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - Arrow - HMV - Zavvi

Original Artwork (Arrow Store Exclusive): Arrow

Release date: 12/02/2024

IOTBS_LE_4K (UK).jpg

IOTBS_LE_4K (packshot) (UK).jpg

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original uncompressed stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio sound
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with director Philip Kaufman
  • Discussing the Pod, a panel conversation about Invasion of the Body Snatchers and invasion cinema featuring critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Ben Wheatley (Kill List) and Norman J. Warren (Satan’s Slave)
  • Writing the Pod, an interview with Jack Seabrook, author of Stealing Through Time: On the Writings of Jack Finney about Finney’s original novel The Body Snatchers
  • Re-Visitors from Outer Space: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pod, a documentary on the making of the film featuring Philip Kaufman, Donald Sutherland, writer W.D. Richter and more
  • The Man Behind the Scream: The Sound Effects Pod, a look at the film’s pioneering sound effects
  • The Invasion Will Be Televised: The Cinematography Pod, cinematographer Michael Chapman (Taxi Driver, Raging Bull) discusses the look of and influences on the visual style of the film
  • Practical Magic: The Special Effects Pod, a look at the creation of the special effects from the opening space sequence
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Double-sided fold-out poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
  • Six postcard-sized artcards
  • Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by David Cairns and Charles Freund, and archival interviews with director Philip Kaufman and writer W.D. Richter
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella

Original Artwork (Arrow Store Exclusive):
IOTBS_LE_4K (Arrow Store EX) (UK).jpg

IOTBS_LE_4K (Arrow Store Exc) (packshot).jpg

4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
  • Original uncompressed stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio sound
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with director Philip Kaufman
  • Discussing the Pod, a panel conversation about Invasion of the Body Snatchers and invasion cinema featuring critic Kim Newman and filmmakers Ben Wheatley (Kill List) and Norman J. Warren (Satan's Slave)
  • Writing the Pod, an interview with Jack Seabrook, author of Stealing Through Time: On the Writings of Jack Finney about Finney's original novel The Body Snatchers
  • Re-Visitors from Outer Space: Or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pod, a documentary on the making of the film featuring Philip Kaufman, Donald Sutherland, writer W.D. Richter and more
  • The Man Behind the Scream: The Sound Effects Pod, a look at the film's pioneering sound effects
  • The Invasion Will Be Televised: The Cinematography Pod, cinematographer Michael Chapman (Taxi Driver, Raging Bull) discusses the look of and influences on the visual style of the film
  • Practical Magic: The Special Effects Pod, a look at the creation of the special effects from the opening space sequence
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Double-sided fold-out poster featuring two original artwork options
  • Six postcard-sized artcards
  • Illustrated collector's booklet featuring writing on the film by David Cairns and Charles Freund, and archival interviews with director Philip Kaufman and writer W.D. Richter
  • Reversible sleeve featuring two original artwork options

(US release) Link: WowHD

Release date: 23/11/2021

IotBS_4K (reversible cover).jpg

4K UHD DISC 1:

Newly Restored HDR Dolby Vision Master – Approved & Color Graded by Director Philip Kaufman
Audio Commentary by Director Philip Kaufman
Audio Commentary by Author/Film Historian Steve Haberman
5.1 Surround & Lossless 2.0 Audio
Optional English Subtitles
UHD100 Triple Layer Disc
BLU-RAY DISC 2:

Newly Restored UHD SDR Master – Approved & Color Graded by Director Philip Kaufman
Audio Commentary by Director Philip Kaufman
Audio Commentary by Author/Film Historian Steve Haberman
Star-Crossed in the Invasion: Interview with Actress Brooke Adams (9:06)
Re-Creating the Invasion: Interview with Screenwriter W.D. Richter (15:43)
Scoring the Invasion: Interview with Composer Denny Zeitlin (15:34)
Leading the Invasion: Interview with actor Art Hindle (25:04)
Writing the Pod: Interview with Jack Finney Expert Jack Seabrook (11:14)
Re-Visitors from Outer Space, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Pod - Featurette (16:14)
Practical Magic: The Special Effects Pod - Featurette (4:38)
The Man Behind the Scream: The Sound Effects Pod - Featurette (12:47)
The Invasion Will Be Televised: The Cinematography Pod - Featurette (5:24)
TV Spots
Radio Spots
Theatrical Trailer
Reversible Art
5.1 Surround & Lossless 2.0 Audio
Optional English Subtitles
Dual-Layered BD50 Disc

Attachments

• IotBS_4K.jpg
    IotBS_4K.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
My wallet can't keep up!, but who cares? Excellent Film with a great cast and will look nice in 4K.

One of my favourite films.

But yeah, Gabrielle Anwar and Forest Whittaker certainly did a good job too.

Here is another who is calling out for this to be one of his favorites in the world of horror..

This a real treat! I hope we see a steel!

We can all relate when it comes to "sleep" to me this film holds a simular vibe to "They Live"

When you wake up bright and early. Or, fall out of bed in the late afternoon. Whichever. Take notice of who you are accompanied by, with a close eye - and give a thought...

"What if..."

Kino Lorber on a roll at the moment with 4K Blu Ray announcements.

It has one of the great shock endings.

Nice cover. :)

I’m holding out on this in the hope of a better encode. I don’t know who (if anyone) has the 4K rights to this here......But come on Arrow!?

First impression from someone who knows what they’re talking about at the other place is that the compression on the Capelight is “VASTLY superior” to the Kino. It’s currently overpriced on Amazon so I’m looking at other options like direct from Capelight (€34:95) but need to check postage and Customs.

Last edited:
^^^That would be the best outcome. I’ve gone ahead and ordered this for £32.41; I’m still holding out on L of A so I had to cave in somewhere!

^ UK Limited Edition release on the way via Arrow.
Pre-orders later today.

Release details added to OP.

Last edited:
Good to see Arrow revisiting more of their previous MGM Blu-ray licenses. I hope an Arrow edition of Ronin is not too far off.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom