Intruders

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
From director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later).

An 11-year-old girl who is forced to confront childhood demons. Filmed in London.

Clive Owen, Ella Purnell, Kerry Fox, Carice van Houten, Daniel Brühl

Written by Nicolás Casariego and Jaime Marques.

Teaser

<object id="flashObj" width="686" height="512" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=922568307001&playerID=18866168001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAAB1-JM0~,FkO2We_lk8OKCDAR78oWEi9bP3Y8Mex3&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /></embed></object>

Last edited:

IL Cattivo

Notice that a lot of Trailers are using the music to 'Moon (2009)' these days.

This has potential, although I fear for a really naff ending. Hope it doesn't go the same way Insidious did. Time will tell I guess. :)

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
International One-Sheet

TheyCallMeTJ

Distinguished Member
I went to see this today with my Cineworld pass. So low key is this film, very few critics seem to have seen it despite its opening release last Friday and hardly any marketing, that Cineworld is only showing at one London cinema, West India Quay. Actually it is also showing at Wandsworth but all shows are with subtitles for some reason.

So this was a pretty decent supernatural bogeyman type thriller with some psychological twists and turns. The scares are sparsely spread but are effective when they do come. The storyline was very intriguing which is told in two completely separate strands. It had me very engaged and a very creepy atmosphere is maintained.

It stars Clive Owen but the rest of the cast is unfamiliar to me. To be honest, the acting is just ordinary. There is no emotional weight to any of the characters but its just about enough for me to still care about the protagonists. Especially the children.

The last act is a good one but it was sloppily executed. The finale should have been more dynamic with a bigger impact on its revelations. Given the storyline, its a missed opportunity for the director. Also, there is a big chance you might see some twists coming due to the sloppiness of the much of the film's sloppy narrative giving too many clues. I did see the revelations coming to an extent but there was still a twist that I didnt expect. I do like the story, its a satisfying one but the execution could have been much better which is a pity. Still the journey was an intriguing one and worth a watch.

6.5/10

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom