Intruder (Channel 5) 2021

mafaa

Distinguished Member

The drama follows affluent, high-flying married couple Rebecca and Sam, whose idyllic lives are shattered after a break in by two local teenagers, Tommy and Syed, at their luxurious coastal house. Family Liason Officer Bailey becomes embroiled in the ensuing investigation, with those involved heading down a dangerous path of cover-up, corruption and murder in a “gripping, edge-of-your-seat thriller.”

Elaine Cassidy (No Offence, Fingersmith) plays Rebecca; Tom Meeten (The Ghoul) her husband Sam; Helen Behan (The Virtues, Elizabeth is Missing) their friend and confidante Angela; Pauline Quirke (Birds of a Feather, Broadchurch) is Bailey, whilst television newcomers Adam Richardson and Sonny Poon Tip are Tommy and Syed respectively.

Filming for Intruder has begun in Dublin and will continue through to November. The four-part drama will transmit on Channel 5 in 2021.

krish

Distinguished Member
This airs on Monday to Thursday. With the broken glass imagery, I presume they came intruder window.

I have very low expectations, since Channel 5's last thriller, The Drowning, was such a steaming turd with its plot holes and implausibility, and it's had a poor write-up here ...

jojo01

I've got this set to record but as someone who watched The Drowning, my expectations aren't too high.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I’ve set it to record to. Was hoping someone else might’ve watched to it to see if it was worth the time :)

lee1980

Watched first one last night was intriguing and as ever more to it than first meets the eye like.
I'm keen to watch next tonight to see what happens next like.

krish

Distinguished Member
I’ve set it to record to. Was hoping someone else might’ve watched to it to see if it was worth the time :)
It's utter pants as expected from Channel 5, but I have to say it's so bad it's good and has me hooked. Features a shameless knock-off of LBC and James O'Brien (so you might like that ;)).

encaser

Elaine Cassidy and Parker Posey, two more separated at birth.
harpers_cassidy.jpg
parker_posey1.jpg

Both have an innate ability to wind me up, so I'll probably still give this a go.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
I usually dont watch Channel 5 drama's, and this was average, not sure i have the enthusiasm for the next episode

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
We watched two last night and I spent most of the time shouting at the tv. The main bloke is severely irritating and the lead detective is Sally Lindsay - why???? Sorry just can’t take her seriously.

Despite this I’m looking forward to finishing it off tonight 😂

FleetDS

I quite like Sally Lindsay, she seems a bit wasted in this. But they are all quite annoying and not very likeable characters.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
Is the main character bloke in this the most annoying person ever in the history of tv??

Im guessing it was intentional, they’ve nailed it if so.

FleetDS

They were all annoying! It could have been so much better if they had characters you cared about. It was rather disjointed.

krish

Distinguished Member
Haven't had time to watch the final 2 eps, but just want to know, out of this and The Drowning, which was the bigger pile of excrement (already said I know this is sh*t, just that it's so bad it's good), and which was the most implausible - hard to beat The Drowning on that front (the DNA shenanigans, the school hiring process etc).

FleetDS

Haven't had time to watch the final 2 eps, but just want to know, out of this and The Drowning, which was the bigger pile of excrement (already said I know this is sh*t, just that it's so bad it's good), and which was the most implausible - hard to beat The Drowning on that front (the DNA shenanigans, the school hiring process etc).

I think The Drowning was slightly better!

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
The Drowning had Hastings from Line of Duty in it? Yeah that was poor too.

I actually reckon you could get away without watching the final two episodes, they bring absolutely nothing to the table. Should’ve done it in 3 episodes in my opinion.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
No he wasn't in it - Jill Halfpenny, Rupert Penry-Jones and Jonas Armstrong were the biggest names in it iirc
Oh yeah I remember, that was bad. Another one that looked promising but fell at the first.

Just imdb’d it, I was thinking of Blood. Also on C5

krish

Distinguished Member
Just imdb’d it, I was thinking of Blood. Also on C5
Never caught that - was it any better than these two recent offerings?
- iirc it also stars the red headed actress who has been in ITV's superior Unforgotten since the start, as one of the junior detectives on the team.

Fergal82

Distinguished Member
Never caught that - was it any better than these two recent offerings?
- iirc it also stars the red headed actress who has been in ITV's superior Unforgotten since the start, as one of the junior detectives on the team.
No, nothing special but could certainly hold its own against the two mentioned. I only remember Dunbar and a few old hollyoaks actors from when I used to watch it 15 odd years ago.

redwing

I watched the first 2 and as already mentioned the main guy is the most annoying person ever but 1 scene where he said Angela about 50 times was bordering on weird if someone actually wrote him to say that.

As above Drowning was terrible also, you can kidnapp a kid and its all fine.

I do think Blood was better than the other two not great but this is really bottom of the barrel stuff. Its like watching a local amature dramatic play.

SourKraut

I thought the main guy was just a bloody awful actor,....yes I’m aware that he was portraying someone on the edge of a nervous breakdown, but come on! :confused:

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Got them all recorded now, so I’ll watch the first and see if it’s worth continuing

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on UK streaming services for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors