Introvert or Extrovert

Who has a better more enjoyable life

• Introvert

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • Extrovert

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Self-deprecating comment, I thought I could sneak it in under the RADAR :D

I have to switch on my extrovert side at work and be the centre of meetings etc, then I go home back to being introvert and feeling very tired, but then can't get to sleep as I'm thinking about an embarrassing situation that happened 30 years ago..It's hard work really :laugh:

We like spending time with myself, I find ourselves great company. So, both. o_O

Extrovert! You'll never get anywhere being anything else...says a natural introvert.

Extrovert! You'll never get anywhere being anything else...says a natural introvert.

Me I'm an introvert, love my life, love my family, happy with what I earn, do, make, see, and achieve.

I'm happy for those shouty ones to be the centre of attention at work, to put there names forward for extra work, yes they may earn more, but really I'm not fussed.

I'm happy being an introvert, would rather be at home, cycling playing board games with the kids, than down the pub or out with mates.

I'm not shy, as other posters have said, I'd rather let my work do the talking, than what my body language says.

For work, I work for a big tech company, but have also launched a consultancy business (business intelligence) on the sideline, again, happy to let my colleague be the shouty one again, and me to let my work do the speaking for me.

All this whilst being happy in my own quiet bubble.

Are your family and you happy and content the way you are. I know I'm happy.

Extrovert does not mean shouts and centre of attention just as much as introvert does not mean shy. That is a real misconception. An extrovert will seek out social interaction and will be energised by it. This may mean a lot of conversation etc. but it does not mean every extrovert in the group wants to be the centre of attention. I know many introverts doing very well for themselves within business so you do not have to be an extrovert to be successful in business. To use the fact you are an introvert is just a convenient excuse.

I would happily class myself as an Introvert, although at times some people I have been with have disagreed.
The odd thing I've noticed about, what I would class as extroverts that I've known is, they appear to need outside stimulus to keep them going.
I'm happy in myself, I can be on my own, quite happy, and I'm the same person really in any scenario.
The extroverts I have known have VERY distinct modes of being.
Give them a scenario with others, and WOW they light up, all guns blazing, laughing, joking, the life and sole etc etc.
Take this away and place them alone and they shut down into an almost vegetative state as there is nothing for them to work with.

Most weird when you see it happening :)

I couldn't answer the poll as I don't think it's as black and white as that.
On Meyers Briggs I'm naturally introverted, but I'm quite borderline.

It's not about you ;) I agree though, I don't think being one or the other makes a difference to enjoying life so didn't answer the poll.

Should i re-title the poll ? at the time of writing i just wondered who had the better life.

I thrive in a one to one environment but like quiet solo time aswell for a bit, in places where there is lots of activity motion etc like a gathering or pub I get fed up and seek to escape
Couldn't be purely alone for too long though, oh and I am ok in a busy shop or concert crowd apart from the paranoia an illness adds

If chatting socially I have no interest if the conversation is not intelligent!!! I am no brainbox but chortling about footy or other drunken poop is anathaema to me
I like to learn interesting stuff

Should i re-title the poll ? at the time of writing i just wondered who had the better life.
The other thread addressed who we are. Your question was who feels happier? I can add some more questions to the poll if you desire.

The other thread addressed who we are. Your question was who feels happier? I can add some more questions to the poll if you desire.
Okay with me.

i avoid large groups socially and prefer the company of 1 gentle person or a domestic pet. I even find family events like Xmas quite stressful and will usually be the one doing the washing up in the kitchen just to get some quiet time.

Extraverts tend to get the best jobs. Intraverts tend to get the best jobs for them.

I would happily class myself as an Introvert, although at times some people I have been with have disagreed.
The odd thing I've noticed about, what I would class as extroverts that I've known is, they appear to need outside stimulus to keep them going.
I'm happy in myself, I can be on my own, quite happy, and I'm the same person really in any scenario.
The extroverts I have known have VERY distinct modes of being.
Give them a scenario with others, and WOW they light up, all guns blazing, laughing, joking, the life and sole etc etc.
Take this away and place them alone and they shut down into an almost vegetative state as there is nothing for them to work with.

Most weird when you see it happening :)
You are completely correct in what you say. Extroverts get their energy from external sources, conversations with people, watching television etc. Introverts get theirs from self reflection and down time.

I have at points felt like I was an introvert, because I didn't understand this fact. I could spend time alone watching television/reading a book and equated it to me being introverted. But doing a Myers Briggs had me down as a strong extrovert. I then did some research, being an ENTP I look for answers, and discovered that it was about where I draw energy from.

I struggled with how sitting quietly and reading a book could give me energy, as an extrovert. So I spoke to my wife, who is very strongly introverted and she is completely opposite to me on Myers-Briggs. She explained how she reads, she reads something but it aware of other things going on around her and is able to engage with them whilst still maintaining a focus on the book. However when I read everything else gets shut out and I am completely focused on the external element of the book and story.

So extroversion isn't always about being gregarious and the life and soul of the party. It is about where you draw your energy from.

You also need to consider where in the world you are in terms of which has the best 'life'. Western cultures are more towards the extrovert but places like Japan are more geared towards the introvert.

One of the most interesting threads in a long time.

The oddballs are the people that enjoy alone time as much as they do as being around people and will gladly do either. Those are the people I'm envious of. It's pretty rare though.

That's me. In fact I need time alone by myself and look forward to those moments tbh. I actually find those people that have to have company as oddballs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom