Introducing my daughter to Star Wars with no spoilers

mrdogcat

I'm introducing 7-year-old daughter to Star Wars but want A New Hope story to be clear in her head before Darth drops the big news to Luke.

So to keep her interested in the Star Wars world I thought it might be good to let her watch the animated Clone Wars... However, as I've not seen it I just want to make sure it's not going to spoil any of the films she's eventually going to watch. Basically, I just want to see her jaw drop when she finds out about Luke's family history.

SDMDAM

The Clone Wars is between Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith (partly runs in the same timeline as Revenge of the Sith) but it does basically give the surpise in Empire away. You could start with A New Hope then Empire then go back to The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, The Clone Wars, Revenge of the Sith, Return of the Jedi... etc. You could show Rogue 1 after Revenge.

mrdogcat

Oooh goodness me, that order of watching is blowing my mind! Ha!

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I'll keep her watching A New Hope a few more times and when she's passed the written exam on that we'll go to Empire. ;-)

SDMDAM

You could try your daughter on Star Wars Resistance. It's aimed at the younger generation although I liked it and I am defo not in that category. Pretty sure it does not spoil anything.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom