1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intrigued by a Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by simon33, Mar 2, 2005.

1. simon33

simon33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

A friend of mine just bought the LG RX11.

When the plasma is on standby you can see a small red light inside the set, looking down through the tv from above - the light does of course turn off when the tv is turned off at the mains.

I am just intrigued by what (if any) purpose this serves, and thought the best place to ask would be here!

2. Steve_P

Steve_P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
  3. RichardHannan

RichardHannan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a home computer with a ged/green LED in the graphics card inside the system box - according to the manual it is for diagnostic purposes when assembling the computer.

Could be the same for other hightech equip. such as plasma tvs ?

4. googlybear

googlybear
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would have thought that it is a status LED to show whoever is working on the equipment that there is still a live connection to it, if you switch off at the mains you will probably find that the LED goes out after about 10-20 seconds as the capacitors discharge.

5. alscds

alscds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its actualy a transmitter that is planted by the goverment inside every tv set when the tv is in use it stores information then when the set is turned off it transmits it to a goverment agency where the information is then anylised it lets the goverment know if the dvd,s you are watching are originals or copies it can also tell them if you are using a chipped sky/ntl box then one day theres a knock at your door you get taken away and your family never see you again. so remember always turn it off at the mains. :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

6. lisag

lisag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +335
    I have just read something about plasma's having 'impact sensors'?