1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

InterVideo WinDVD 5 Support For HD-DVD

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Rasczak, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,214
    InterVideo have announced a, commercial, add-on for WinDVD 5 that will allow playback of HD content encoded in WMV:

http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/9110

Of note:
    Is there is list of such upcoming products yet? Obviously there was the Terminator 2 (region protection) disaster but maybe some of these HD releases won't include this.

2. Dutch

Dutch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
  3. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,214
    Cheers for that link! Very useful. I'm going to ensure my next PC has HDMI out so I can use it as an intrim HD-DVD player until the dust settles and their is somekind of HD standard (i.e. WMV, MP4 etc).

4. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    News like this a great promotion of the use of PC in home A/V chain. Get a new player capability for $19.95.

How much it would cost people with a high-end DVD players to upgrade them to play high-definition content?

Buy a new player maybe...

"I'm going to ensure my next PC has HDMI out so I can use it as an intrim HD-DVD player until the dust settles and their is somekind of HD standard (i.e. WMV, MP4 etc)."

What you need to make sure is that a display device you will buy next does have standard VGA input. I would personally boycot any products with HDMI or similar that take away my fair use rights.