1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interval Recording - Sony / Panasonic

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jibbsy, May 30, 2003.

1. jibbsy

jibbsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi there

I know that the new range of Sony Camcorders do Interval Recording. i.e Coming on every 5 mins to record for 1 second to film things like sunrises, flowers etc but do any of the Panasonic Range do this?

Any help would be appreiated.

Thanks

Lee

2. Joolz

Joolz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought an NV-GS50 Panasonic and I've not seen anything in the manual to suggest this feature is available :(

Joolz

PS. Stop prompting me to look at the failings of my new toy - I've only just got it!! ;):laugh::p

3. jibbsy

jibbsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Jools, this is what I suspected.

Lee

4. Tunes Man

Tunes Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure if you're asking this question because you're trying to decide which brand of camcorder to buy, but if you haven't already bought one my advice would be to buy one of the Sonys.
    I own two: the Sony DCR30 and the VX2000 3 chip camcorder. Both have interval recording. You can either set it to automatically
    record in 5 minute intervals, or you can set it to record a frame at a time for making animated movies. The auto setting allows you to pick different time intervals as well, such as 1 minute, 5 minutes, ten minutes, etc.
    Since Panasonic does not offer these features, as well as not offering "nightshot" infrared recording in the dark like the Sony models do, my advice would be to go with the Sony models.
    Tunes Man.

5. jibbsy

jibbsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks Tunes Man. Still trying to decide but I think it will be on of the Sonys.