Interpol: Turn on the bright lights

Hawklord

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've been enjoying this cd imensly since purchasing it after someone on these very forums recomended it. I even noticed they used one of the tracks on the tv series John Doe recently.
I was wondering if there was any news as to when they may be releasing another album as I'd certainly buy it if it's anything like bright lights.
Anyone got any further recomendations along the same lines. I've bought most of echo and the bunny mens back catalogue and Gentlemen by the afgan whigs but would like more of the same.:)

You could try.............. and you will know us by the trail of dead or for older stuff Television, Mission of Burma or Joy Division.

I've ordered you will know us but which Television cd is best? Adventure or Marquee moon?

thanks for the recomendations:)

Marquee moon without a doubt, try and get the recently re mastered version as the quality is a lot better and it includes a few additional tracks.

Originally posted by Hawklord
I was wondering if there was any news as to when they may be releasing another album as I'd certainly buy it if it's anything like bright lights.

I think they have a new album slated for this year. Fingers crossed as 'Turn On The Bright Lights' has been one of my favourite albums of the last couple of years.

Originally posted by Hawklord
Anyone got any further recomendations along the same lines. I've bought most of echo and the bunny mens back catalogue and Gentlemen by the afgan whigs but would like more of the same.:)

You can't go wrong with the first 4 Bunnymen albums, if you ask me. All classics but perhaps only 'Heaven Up Here' comes close to the Interpol sound but they're definitely an influence on them.

As Karkus said, the obvious link is Joy Division....in particular the first album, "Unknown Pleasures". Yeah, and "Marquee Moon", of course. A genuine classic.

More recently, British Sea Power's album from last year is in a similar mould (that post New Wave sound) to Interpol and the forthcoming Franz Ferdinand should stoke the same fires.

What else ? Well, you could try The House of Love, in particular the "Creation" album. Same use of guitar dynamics. And then maybe (and this is getting tenuous now) Idlewild and Radio 4.

Plenty there, anyway.

Marquee moon without a doubt, try and get the recently re mastered version as the quality is a lot better and it includes a few additional tracks.

Both the Television remasters can be bought from Amazon.ca for about £16.50 shipped right now :)

1 "Marquee Moon [Bonus Tracks]" Television (Artist); Audio CD; @
CDN$ 14.99 l'unite
1 "Adventure [Bonus Tracks]" Television (Artist); Audio CD; @ CDN$
20.99 l'unite

Subtotal: CDN$ 35.98
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 9.47
Promotional Certificates: -CDN$ 5.00

----------
Total Before Tax: CDN$ 40.45

That's a top tip, Mr. Puddleduck.

Been waiting for these to drop to a more reasonable price here in the UK - never thought to try out the US/Canada in light on the low dollar etc etc

Cheers.

If you don't already have them, British Sea Power and the Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (both albums) are excellent. Definitely check out the Super Furry Animals (rings around the world), the Flaming Lips (transmissions from the satellite heart) and Fugazi (end hits)

I'm waiting for a chance to go out and buy the Franz Ferdinand album for myself.

By the way, go and see Interpol live if you can, they're absolutely amazing. I went to see them when they were supported by British Sea Power, and even though we were sitting way up at the top of the Shepherd's Bush Empire it was just amazing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom