interparcel: experience?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HouseTonyStark, Mar 1, 2013.

1. HouseTonyStark

HouseTonyStark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +541
    Currently trying to re-arrange a collection for an av receiver i bought from here,

booked for city-link via interparcel on wednesday around lunchtime

collection meant for thursday
    delivery meant for today.

online tracker went up wednesday evening saying scheduled for collection.

thursday came and went, system stayed the same, no updates no explanations.

have sent comms requests to city-link AND interparcel. and then waited for their online chat. which started at 9am.

lovely lady there has 0 information but is emailing me to see if city link can pick up today, because interparcel has a cut off of 9am for collection same day. their online support opens at 9.... :facepalm:

currently waiting on an email back from interparcel regarding whether city-link can pick up today.

i personally think in this day and age the lack of information is unacceptable..

2. blue max

blue max
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,307
    I've used a few of these in the past and when they work they are fantastic. When there is a problem, it can be a nightmare.

I had a package lost for over a week and a half. Eventually turned up fine though, but a lot of stress and paperwork to justify the value.

Basically they are just 'middle men' and another layer of confusion.

Take a deep breath and just work with it. Frustrating, but cheap!

3. HouseTonyStark

HouseTonyStark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +541
    update: according to city link,they attended address at 15:57 and there was no package...

thinking on it, i was told on what day the package didnt exist. its possible they came on the wednesday(some fluke?) and the package was not there, and of course they diodnt attend on thursday.

still no excuse for the lack of information posted to tracking..

4. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,286
    I've been using Interparcel pretty much exclusively for four years & in that time my only issue has been one failed collection. But then I always use their own brand Economy Service which is provided by UPS.

In my experience City Link are no better & in some cases worse than Yodel. I won't knowingly buy from anyone that uses either of them.

Edit
    The cut-off time for same day collection is set by the courier you choose. Their own (UPS) service can be booked up until mid-day. Also, despite being quoted as a 1-2 day service, every parcel I've ever sent has arrived next day.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2013
  5. HouseTonyStark

HouseTonyStark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +541
    further update: the tracking number they gave me doe not work, so i have no info at all at this point, and customer services at interparcel are telling me to wait.

no word from contact, perhaps they are busy handing over my box of goodies to the courier???

6. HouseTonyStark

HouseTonyStark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +541
    Update: rang city link and they said their system posted that there was no parcel for collection again, and the helpful lady has pushed a recollect to the drivers scanner, andhas given instructions to ring collectee. It's should resolve matters, and hopefully the parcel will be in the system!

7. swiftpete

swiftpete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,284
    I had a load of hassle with them the other week. I got my parcel in the end but they messed me around for days and lied to me several times. They really don't care about their customers at all. I'll never use them again.

8. HouseTonyStark

HouseTonyStark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +541
    My concern is that the seller is getting more and more frustrated. Hence I opened a thread to see if anyone can help.

Utterly disappointed by this