Interparcel-Claim

DrPepper

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I made claim on damaged av amp I sold on here.
Insured up to £250.The amp is valued at £80.
They told me I can’t claim without receipt.
Which I don’t have because I brought 2nd hand
on here years ago.I sent link to sale.
Where do I stand? Any help appreciated.

Hi Dr Pepper,

I made claim on damaged av amp I sold on here.
Insured up to £250.The amp is valued at £80.
They told me I can't claim without receipt.
Which I don't have because I brought 2nd hand
on here years ago.I sent link to sale.
Where do I stand? Any help appreciated.

I think the honest answer, is that you're not going to get far. Without some kind of proof of the amp's value, no courier will likely fulfil your claim, unless it's in their Terms And Conditions.

A link to a sale on a website, is unlikely to be proof of anything, unless the site is from a commercial and well-established company. Classified Ads are also unlikely to be seen as valid evidence.

I suspect, therefore, you may lose out on this claim, in these circumstances, as it doesn't prove that you sent it with their courier firm. It only proves a sale was made/took place, but doesn't even prove that the sale was fulfilled. :(

Pooch

Hi Dr Pepper,

I think the honest answer, is that you're not going to get far. Without some kind of proof of the amp's value, no courier will likely fulfil your claim, unless it's in their Terms And Conditions.

A link to a sale on a website, is unlikely to be proof of anything, unless the site is from a commercial and well-established company. Classified Ads are also unlikely to be seen as valid evidence.

I suspect, therefore, you may lose out on this claim, in these circumstances, as it doesn't prove that you sent it with their courier firm. It only proves a sale was made/took place, but doesn't even prove that the sale was fulfilled. :(

Pooch

They want a sales receipt to show what it's worth, not as proof of shipping :smashin:

What do their T&Cs say? Are they explicit about it?

Hi IG,

They want a sales receipt to show what it's worth, not as proof of shipping :smashin:

Ok then, but I can't see any courier or parcel delivery firm accepting a link to a classified ad as "proof" of the item's worth. There's nothing to prove that the item sent using their service, was the same item that the OP is linking to in the online advert. :( I hope that they do accept it, for the OP's sake, but I don't think they will.

Pooch

yeah, if they want a receipt - print one off, simple as..?

Hi IG,

Ok then, but I can't see any courier or parcel delivery firm accepting a link to a classified ad as "proof" of the item's worth. There's nothing to prove that the item sent using their service, was the same item that the OP is linking to in the online advert. :( I hope that they do accept it, for the OP's sake, but I don't think they will.

Pooch

Agreed :(

yeah, if they want a receipt - print one off, simple as..?

be sneaky and buy one of those notepads with invoices on. use one.

plenty of shops still use written receipts.

IMO they arent playing the game. you can easily prove the value via an ebay search etc.

When I ran that courier firm Parcelforce would accept an eBay auction or a print off from a sales ad on here.

Hi,

be sneaky and buy one of those notepads with invoices on. use one.

I would caution AGAINST doing anything sneaky, surreptitious, immoral or illegal. If you don't have a receipt, find anything that can back-up your claim, that may add weight. Statements from the person you bought the item from, if you can. Photos of the item in use. Anything else, you might have, that can help back-up your claim, instead of a receipt. Even appeal to their good-nature. See if they'll offer you something, even £40-£50 may be better than nothing at all.

If you genuinely have nothing, then you will probably have to accept that the courier company won't fulfil your claim. Alas, that may have to be the end of it. A horrible and harsh lesson, I agree, but don't submit fraudulent evidence as your claim.

Pooch

When I ran that courier firm Parcelforce would accept an eBay auction or a print off from a sales ad on here.

I thought I vaguely remembered someone successfully submitting a claim via Parcel Force, thanks for confirming it :thumbsup:

I would caution AGAINST doing anything sneaky, surreptitious, immoral or illegal.

Weren't you advocating denying any question you were asked, even your own name, in another thread? :laugh:

Another way which may work is going to the sub contracted firm direct.

Hi,

I would caution AGAINST doing anything sneaky, surreptitious, immoral or illegal. If you don't have a receipt, find anything that can back-up your claim, that may add weight. Statements from the person you bought the item from, if you can. Photos of the item in use. Anything else, you might have, that can help back-up your claim, instead of a receipt. Even appeal to their good-nature. See if they'll offer you something, even £40-£50 may be better than nothing at all.

If you genuinely have nothing, then you will probably have to accept that the courier company won't fulfil your claim. Alas, that may have to be the end of it. A horrible and harsh lesson, I agree, but don't submit fraudulent evidence as your claim.

Pooch

can't see what the problem is myself - the seller is on avforums, so either the buyer or seller can print one off with no come back at all (as long as both parties know about it)...

no need to complicate things imo... :)

thanks all.
according to Interparcel
A. In order to process a claim the following are needed:
*Photograph of the item
*Photograph and description of the packaging
*An invoice showing the value of the consignment

what's point of insurance if your selling 2nd hand goods without an invoice?

If it is an invoice between two individuals just make your own invoice.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom