1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internettvsdirect

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by MarkF, Sep 23, 2004.

1. MarkF

MarkF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Just a quick question really. Has anyone got any experience buying from Internettvsdirect.co.uk ?

I am, thinking of buying a plasma from them as they seem to have a good deal. However, I cannot find any reports on their service. Any advice?

Cheers
    Mark

2. Tonester

Tonester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I've seen the same deal you have :)

Pricerunner don't have any user reviews of this site which is strange (unless they're a new company). Also their interest free credit isn't really interest free (you have to pay 9 months interest). Be sure you like whatever you're getting because they have a restocking fee even for the first 7 days.

They have some good deals though.

3. MarkF

MarkF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I bought a digital camera from another part of their company InternetCamerasDirect and the service was excellent. :thumbsup:

5. Gazzad

Gazzad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    There's a couple of web-sites around offering similar deal on the Panasonic stand, they must have a load left over that they're trying to get rid of. Stonking deal though!

6. cwoj

cwoj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought two camera's from them and had great service and fast delivery!!!

7. matt1982

matt1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark

Have also ordered the same deal from there on Monday. I got an e-mail yesterday advising

Thank you for your order with Internet direct.However, at least one item on your order currently out of stock for approximately 7 to 10 days. You are welcome to hold or cancel your order. If you are ok to hold we will email you again on despatch. Apologies again for the delay.

So might have to wait a bit longer than anticipated. At this price though methinks it will be worth it! Went to a big Comet superstore the other day who want me to part with £2999 just for the TV on its own (no stand, etc).

8. MarkF

MarkF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the re-assuring comments guys. I am still awaiting a confirmation email for my order.

Matt, apparently they are receiving new stock of everything (told this when I ordered) on the 27th so perhaps they will be able to start shipping your order then.

9. matt1982

matt1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mark

Many thanks for the info; it will be interesting to both compare results and opinions on this TV once received & setup. Mine is replacing an 'old' Sony Trinitron KV28 Widescreen (in old-school all-over black!). This is being "relegated" upstairs to the bedroom (well not exactly relegated when it is replacing a 14 inch TV upstairs, LOL).

The Panasonic TV is fantastic. I went into a Curry’s store today and to my amazement they actually had it all setup properly, on the proper Panasonic stand with a dedicated DVD player (was showing Pirates of the Caribbean) using component leads! They also had a sofa arrangement thingy and a surround system. I spent a good 20mins having a play around with all the settings and stuff (people must have thought I was a bit sad, but who cares when you’re spending this sort of money!). I now want this TV more than ever! Full marks to Curry’s for a proper demo (shame about the prices though!)

On a side note, has anyone noticed how desperate Comet are to sell you their scart cables. They are called "Monster" or something stupid. They had two 32 inch widescreen TV's side by side with a tacky in-store produced A4 poster (over-laden with tacky ClipArt and bold Arial fonts galore!) in-between the two tellys saying something like: "The TV on the left is connected using a standard scart cable. The TV on the right is connected using a Comet cable. Which would you choose?" Mmm, firstly the suspicious thing is that the two TVs were not the same, so this makes it an unfair test. Secondly the one on the left was not even connected with a scart, just a thin composite cable! Hardly a fair comparison! I notice that they wanted you to part with £40 for the pleasure of the Monster. They also had lots of other tacky scart posters all around the TV section saying things like “you NEED these cables” and such like! How sad.

10. reckless

reckless

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Didn't think that was legal. The whole idea of the distance regs is to make sure that you're not disadvantaged by purchasing over the net etc. I'm ready to be corrected but I don't think this will stand up in court. Trading Standards would be interested I feel.

11. Allan238

Allan238
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I must say that deal being offered seems pretty damn good.
    However I know nothing about Plasma, or at least I didn't. The last two days spent reading and trying to absorb the advice offered on here has been an education. Thank you to all of you that try to help people less knowledgeable in making the right descision. :smashin:

I have e-mailed the company concerned regarding delivery dates etc:
    Will now have to wait until Monday's Office working hours.

I am in my Seventies and this will probably be one of my last major purchases.
    Being just a little cynical, well you know...can't help wondering.

I shall keep you informed and if anyone can add to this thread I would appreciate it. Thank you.

12. MarkF

MarkF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Matt,

Like you I took one look at the Viera and though I've got to have this. Picture quality is awesome as too is the styling (although the asthetics are not to everyones taste). I looked at other manufacturers but just kept coming back to the panny!!!

The 37" is to go into a new extension we are building, while the main living room has a 28" WS panny (in black). Once the new screen is up and running I think th extension will become the living room and the current living room forgotten :laugh:

Will post again if I hear of any delivery dates.

13. Tonester

Tonester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone had this delivered yet?

14. Allan238

Allan238
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Delivered? I haven't even had a reply yet!

15. laurence harvey

laurence harvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    still waiting for delivery of 42 inch viera etc, only been 4 days though, have spoken to them on the phone and was told 2 weeks, hmmmm we shall see !!!!!!!!

16. dooid

dooid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also ordered the Viera 42" special offer, almost two weeks ago now. I also got the 7-10 day email a few days later and nothing since. It will be 10 days tomorrow so I think I might give them a ring, they don't respond to emails it would seem. These are the cons of shopping online. Will keep you posted.

17. Ekko Star

Ekko Star

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +374
    If you read their website offers they don't seem to make sense.

Just below this offer they actually charge more for screen and stand, or screen and recorder....all on the same page.

Think they may be in the process of stringing the sales manager up by the short and curlies by any chance ????

18. stephinson

stephinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there not a new law about buying on the net that gives you a cooling off period

I dont know if they can still charge you a restocking fee

I could be wrong

19. dooid

dooid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not really concerned about a restocking fee. All I'm concerned about is that I don't get shafted. I don't really mind waiting longer than normal, especially when there is a good saving to be made but the longer this goes on the more concerned I get. Has anyone had their credit card charged yet?

20. hoppy32

hoppy32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys

I too have ordered 42inch Viera from Internettvsdirect, though only about 5 days ago. They have taken the deposit from my credit card, paying on the 9 month interest free option. Hope it is interest free??

Rang them up said should get it end of this week?

In internettvsdirect defence I did buy a digital camera from another part of there company several years ago and received it with no problem.

I think theres this delay on the Viera deal because its so good and bound to be very popular.

Hang on I'm sure the plasma will arrive soon. It'll better!

Dave (anyone received there plasma yet?, or been waiting over 2 weeks?)

21. dooid

dooid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My experience of Internettvsdirect has not been good. They don't operate a reliable operation at all, they don't respond to emails, they don't have reliable stock information, you have to queue forever on the phone line and they display an amazing level of incompetence(of course this is just my opinion). My advice is to know what you are letting yourself in for, sometimes a deal is too good to be true, I'm sure they'll come up with the goods in the end but do you really need the hassle? Wouldn't it be better to spend that bit more just to make sure its all done right. I use HiwayHiFi now and they are a breath of fresh air in comparison, efficient, reliable and very competitive. I will never use InternetDirect again.

22. harrison99

harrison99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a 37" Panasonic plasma + stand + DVDR about two weeks ago. I had a reply to an email I sent them (took a week ish) to say that they had run out of stands - but a delivery is due on Wednesday 23 Oct. I emailed back asking when delivery would be made, and was told that I might have it by the weekend. I'll let you know.....

Incidentally bought a news 5.1 sound set-up called Audica (www.audica.co.uk) it's a new model and it sounds fantastic.

23. harrison99

harrison99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just had an email to say that the delivery of TVs schedule to reach them Wednesday 21st is now delayed to Friday 23rd. If there's another delay I'm cancelling and going to AV Sales.

24. Steve Zodiac

Steve Zodiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    I'm quite sure that there should not be a re-stocking fee/charge if an order is cancelled or the goods returned in their original condition (within a reasonable time). I too think this is covered under the "Distance Selling Regulations".
    If necessary, a quick call to your local Trading Standards office should verify this and they are usually very helpful.

25. hoppy32

hoppy32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Internettvsdirect are truly the worst company I have ever dealt with or heard of.

They don't repsond to emails, keep you waiting on the phone for ages and are completely useless.

I ordered a Panasonic 42 Viera deal from them on the 30/09, after many phone calls to them (waiting for ages) they finally said I would take delivery this week (25/10). I heard nothing, finally tracked down the couriers myself and rang them. They said 'have no trace of your order'.

Rang internettvsdirect again, order mysteriously cancelled. Nothing they could do, so sorry.

I see on the web they have increased the price on the Viera deal. If you read between the lines there just out to get as much money as they can, so why not cancel orders and charge em more.

Disgusting or what.

They should be reported.

Dont use Internettvsdirect (less you like trouble, being lied to etc.)

Dave

26. HLS crazy

HLS crazy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the recommendation, the Audica CS1 system is just what I need. Ingenious design and decent build quality. :smashin: