Internet usage 'bolt-ons'

Tyrrell

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just bought a HTC Touch HD off ebay, and was looking round at what different providers offer, however most of the fair usage limits seem too low. I'm likely to use the internet a lot, probably including Youtube, possibly iPlayer and Spotify when it's released.
I'd ideally want to be on O2, but as far as I can see the limit per month on that's 200mb. Just wondering if there's any decent, preferably cheap packs out there for what I'm after. Going to be on PAYG btw.

Cheers :smashin:

Whilst the o2 simplicity is a "contract", its only month to month, so no tie in.

And for £19.58 a month you can get 600 mins, 1200 txts and the unlimited web bolt-on. Great Value really. People are using this on iPhone's with no problems.

http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simplicity

Hope this helps.

Vodafone offer a sim only deal for £20 which is 600 minutes and unlimited texts (they mentioned something about fair useage of 3000 a month :confused:) - the internet is extra tho' for unlimited use (about £5 I think)

I've just bought a HTC Touch HD off ebay, and was looking round at what different providers offer, however most of the fair usage limits seem too low. I'm likely to use the internet a lot, probably including Youtube, possibly iPlayer and Spotify when it's released.
I'd ideally want to be on O2, but as far as I can see the limit per month on that's 200mb. Just wondering if there's any decent, preferably cheap packs out there for what I'm after. Going to be on PAYG btw.

Cheers :smashin:

The 200mb is no longer in effect. Now it's just a 'fair usage policy'. I usually use around 400mb a month on o2 and have never been charged extra or issued with a warning.

Thanks for the replies. I thought I remembered reading somewhere on the O2 website that the fair usage was normally around the 200mb mark, but varies depending on how much other people download. Does the fair usage policy also apply to the internet use on the Simplicity pack?
Don't think I can justify £25 a month for the vodafone one, as I don't make a lot of calls as such, and I'm on it now and the signal isn't great where I am.
Been looking at Three now, seems like for £10 top up a month you get 600 texts and 500 mins, with 150mb internet and the free MSN and Skype, with another 1GB internet add-on for £5 a month. As long as I understood that right it looks like a pretty ood deal, but they do a good job of hiding the fair usage limits, so I'm hoping that's correct.

o2 do a cheaper simplicity tariff of £10/m (well just under now with the lower VAT rate) and you can then pay £7.50/m for the web bolt on. Not much cheaper than £20/m so only worth going for if you don't want the extra minutes/texts.

Mark.

Thanks for the replies. I thought I remembered reading somewhere on the O2 website that the fair usage was normally around the 200mb mark, but varies depending on how much other people download. Does the fair usage policy also apply to the internet use on the Simplicity pack?
Don't think I can justify £25 a month for the vodafone one, as I don't make a lot of calls as such, and I'm on it now and the signal isn't great where I am.
Been looking at Three now, seems like for £10 top up a month you get 600 texts and 500 mins, with 150mb internet and the free MSN and Skype, with another 1GB internet add-on for £5 a month. As long as I understood that right it looks like a pretty ood deal, but they do a good job of hiding the fair usage limits, so I'm hoping that's correct.

I've gone for the cheaper Vodafone 30 day sim only deal £15 for 300 minutes and unlimited text messages. I have added the £5 internet pack (fair usage of 500 MB) - so that comes to £20 which is fine as 300 mins is plenty for me.
I've only recently switched to it though so I don't know how much data I will use.

Cheers for the help guys, I've decided to try Three out for a month, seems to be going really well so far :). Get quite a lot for topping up £10 really, probably more than I'll use, and a decent fair usage on the £5 unlimited data add-on.
Was a bit worried about coverage at first, but it turns out it's actually really good now. If anything goes wrong I'll probably try out one of the O2 simplicity packs.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom