1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet supplier

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Meeko, May 3, 2005.

1. Meeko

Meeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Can anyone recommend an Internet supplier that can be trusted? I am after the 32zp48. Anyone had any dealings with MKATV.com?

2. Niburu

Niburu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can recommend Digital-Point.co.uk, as they are very good on price and also delivered my TV very quickly. They were also fairly good when I had to get a replacement delivered because of a fault in the 1st one.

3. Meeko

Meeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Ok, ordered a TX32PD50 and DVDS97 from 123electrical4me.co.uk yesterday. It is arriving today, for £827 inc delivery. Seemed very good service on phone, helpful staff etc.

Will let you all know when it arrives

4. Meeko

Meeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    It turned up as promised. Very pleaed with it indeed. Obviously not as good as buying from JL but they don't seem to have any stock. Would recommend 123elecitrical4me no problems. A friend of mine has also bought one and it's arriving today.

5. Struan

Struan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I can also enthusiastically recommend 123electricals4me - The best service I have received from a mail-order supplier, and by quite a margin. :thumbsup:
    The only problem is that they seem to stock a relatively small number of brands. :(

As seems customary in these situations, I should state that the only connection I have to this firm is as a very impressed customer.

6. swilt1

swilt1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    On the basis of Internet Trading, can anybody positively recommend any companies that they have had problems with when having faulty goods? As I have just read the reviews for digital-point.co.uk and if all is ok then they are spot on, but if you have a problem then basically your screwed?

7. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I bought my TV from Electrical Discount UK just under 12 months ago and it has unfortuantly developed a fault now. Called them up and they asked for my post code and said it wasnt a problem and they would send an engineer to look at it. They did point out there was a £50 call out fee if there is no fault or if it is a lose scart lead or such (which if done correctly is fair enough in my opinion) and that they will leave a loan set if they have to take the other one away.

3 hours later I got a call from the repair company to arrange an engineer to come out 2 days later - unfortuantly I couldnt make an appointment until this Thursday so cant say what they were actually like when it came to the repair but so far I have had no problems at all.

When it was delivered it was actually one of their own vans (even though they are in leeds & I am nr south london) and so doesnt suffer from the frequent issues of other couriers not caring what happens to parcels.

8. kevin19470

kevin19470
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I def WOULD NOT buy from Empire Direct again.

My only interest in this company was as a buyer. I got appalling 'customer service'

9. kevin19470

kevin19470
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I def WOULD NOT buy from Empire Direct again.

My only interest in this company was as a buyer. I got appalling 'customer service' and would never buy from them again.

Hope this helps.

10. The_kUrGaN

The_kUrGaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I bought my Tosh 32zp48 from TV and Video Direct two weeks ago. Excellent price and from the reviews I have read they seem pretty well respected by their customers too. I ordered on Monday at 9pm over the net, received a phone call the following morning to arrange delivery two days later. Two man delivery team arrived 10am on the date arranged. Good stuff.

http://www.tvandvideodirect.com/product.php?xProd=975

:thumbsup: