Internet speed question

MaR86UK

Hi guys, currently on Virgin Media M200 package who are charging me £59 a month for (inc telephone line) which is an absolute joke! And they will only budge £3 on price which would mean another 18month contract, so I told them to forget it!

The the next fastest provider in my area is Sky broadband who can give us between 47 and 67 Mb/s for £25 a month.

Would this be fast enough for gaming on an Xbox Series X and streaming upto 4K on a few devices and a few smart devices, phones, tablets and 2 Macs.

Any advice would be great.

rpr

Looking at the Sky speeds it looks like FTTC so there should be plenty of options of different suppliers for that service.
My FTTC connection is between 65 & 70 and it's plenty to stream 4K on a couple of devices and game at the same time

anchorless

I’m with Virgin, was paying £36.95 for 100mb. Contract was up next month. Saw their Black Friday deal for the 350mb for £37. Got on live chat and requested to cancel my contract, ended up getting the 350mb deal for £35 (no phone though)

lowmans100

This week I cancelled my £43/month 100Mb (no phone) Virgin for Cityfibre/Vodaphone 900/900Mb c/w 4G backup and digital phone for £30/month.

Virgin retentions offered 100Mb for £30/month o_O:laugh:

Although I will need to keep a close eye on the Vodaphone in contract increase in monthly bill each April, based on the Consumer Price Index (CPI) plus 3.9% then when out of contract the price increases by £3/month. Still cheaper than my current Virgin 100Mb

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES '22 TV Announcement Round-up, Plus, Most Anticipated Movies of 2022 and More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom