• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Internet Sharing Help . . .

Gizmo 76

Prominent Member
Hi all,

I'm on my holidays in Canada at the moment, and my cousin has moved house, but where they've moved to only dial up is available at the moment.

So basically they have a D-Link 'DI-604' Broadband Router and 3 computers, is it possible to link all these through the router and share the dial internet connection on the main computer.

I've had a muck around and sharing files is no problem, but I can't sort out the internet side of things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,:smashin:

Giz.

markshark

Standard Member
They could have shared a broadband internet connection using the router very easily - but as far as I know it doesn't have an inbuilt standard modem for connection to dial-up. I'm not 100% sure but they could possibly use Internet Connection Sharing for a dial-up connection - but they would get very poor performance with such low bandwidth.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom