1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet retailer: "RGB"

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dunky, Feb 5, 2002.

1. Dunky

Dunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone used "RGB HiFi & Video" based in Ilford? Considering purchasing a TV from them. Comments appreciated.

Duncan

2. Timmy O'Toole

Timmy O'Toole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought a Tosh TV from them by mail order just over a year ago, saving £225 on Comet/Curry's price.

Arrived 2 days later as promised.

When I wanted something looking at under guarantee though, it took several phone calls, and promises of return calls before I got to speak to the right person - It seems to be one overworked bloke handling all service calls/returns.

I think next time I'll try and find a more local retailler (Sheffield area), so at least I'd have the option of dropping in to give someone a push (not literally!). If you're close enough that's not a problem anyway.

3. GalaxiaN

GalaxiaN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Snap!! Bought a Tosh tv from them about 5 months ago. The delivery timing was tricky for me and I asked for it to be delivered on a specific day about week after placing the order. I was pleased that this all went smoothly and to plan.

Just like Timmy I had problems with the tv and he's correct to assume that only one guy deals with this. I had to constantly phone and badger him and never felt happy with the service.
    I'm still trying to get things sorted but am dealing direct with Toshiba at the moment who have been superb.

Looking back I wish I'd bought the tv direct from Tosh. It may have cost more but it would have been worth it.