internet radios - radio caroline

Fibretear

my dad wants a internet radio to listen to radio caroline on, he usually streams it from their website on his computer.

I notice that not all internet radios appear to have the same radio list ! I am a tad confused - but if he gets one do we have to be careful to make sure we get one that picks up radio caroline or will they all do this?

Probably get a Pure Evoke?

Thanks

G

NickRich

Standard Member
Sorry, can't answer your question, because I too am a bit confused. What determines which internet stations a radio can receive?

I'm interested in your mention of Pure Evoke. The "Flow" I assume you mean? Have you compared this to the Roberts WM 202, which is the one I'm thinking of? I'd be interested in what has led you to choose the Evoke. Thanks.

Fibretear

i'm not sure what determines what stations different internet radios pick up, but they all claim different numbers of stations, must be the servers they use.

I was looking more towards the Pure one as it has an larger number of presets and you can organise them on the internet via their lounge site.

Buying an internet radion with 10 presets does seem to be missing the point.

There is also an Intempo GX-01 to consider, it did well in the gadget show review (if they are to be trusted)

G

NickRich

Standard Member
Thanks. What about sound quality though? I get the impression from reading around that the Pure is "OK" whereas the Roberts is "good". I've not been able to do a listening comparison though.

By the way, the Roberts has 15 pre-sets, not 10. Can't say I listen to anything like that no. of stations regularly, though I suppose internet radio could change that.

If your Dad gets the Evoke Flow, I'd be interested in his / your impressions. Hope someone actually answers your question soon!

Aslefjim

Standard Member
my dad wants a internet radio to listen to radio caroline on, he usually streams it from their website on his computer.

I notice that not all internet radios appear to have the same radio list ! I am a tad confused - but if he gets one do we have to be careful to make sure we get one that picks up radio caroline or will they all do this?

Probably get a Pure Evoke?

Thanks

G
Just seen your post. Maybe you already got the radio by now? Anyway, I just bought an Evoke Flow today for exactly the same reason as your dad wanted his. It's for my partner, who has been a Radio Caroline fan since the 1960s (we're old gits!).

My first impression is that it's really good. The sound is never going to be as good as a top notch sound system, but it's light years better than any other portable I've ever owned.

I managed to muck around with the one in the shop from scratch and had Caroline saved as a favourite within 10 minutes.

When I got it home and actually bothered reading the quick start, I managed to save the next favourite (Offshore Music Radio) in about 5 minutes. By the 5th favourite I was managing it in 30 to 60 seconds. Basically, it's a doddle.

If first impressions are anything to go by this is a great buy and will give me hours of fun. Err, I mean will give my other half hours of fun.

Did you ever buy one?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom