internet radio

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by The WB, Aug 24, 2006.

1. The WB

The WB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Still having no joy. Im must be doing something wrong. I can play files stored on my computer but no joy still. Im running wireless so there is a communication between amp and pc. Read the book and it's says if you have your DCHP on you don't use the proxy. I downloaded denon radio which which won't let me in until i have upgraded my pc. can someone give me an idea what they did first am i missing something have i forgot to download anything.:lease: i really like to get it working. Ive put the denon as a trused ip address through mcaffee firewall and turned the windows firewall off still no joy. Do you think that mabe phishing could also be a problem.

2. iainmmm

iainmmm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Have you tested it with a wired connection? The pc itself has nothing to do with the internet radio , it doesn't need to be turned on to recieve it as it does to recieve files from your pc

I think the amp would need to be connected wirelessly to your router rather than to the computer. I've not been able to achieve this yet. I was attempting to do with a Belkin wireless g adaptor.

3. The WB

The WB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am connected wirelessly. Talked to denon they admitted they never tested the internet radio side for the a1xva. The man in charge has sent an email to denon japan or god no's where to find out whats wrong.

4. andykn

andykn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +232
    There's your problem. Its the Denon you need to connect, not you :)

More seriously, what is the Denon connected wirelessly to?

The most common wireless setup would be for the wireless adapter the Denon is using to be connected via wireless to your broadband (cable or ADSL) wireless router. You need to check in the Denon setup that the amp has got an IP address; its easiest to get this by having DHCP (server) turned on in the router. You shouldn't need a proxy setting. If its connected like this your PC doesn't need to be on for internet radio to work.

If the Denon's wireless adapter is connecting directly to the PC, then the whole setup becomes more tricky and you'll need to set up Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) on the PC.

What is Denon Radio?

If you're worried about phishing, do a spyware check. Download and use "Spybot Search and Destroy" and "Ad-aware", two trusted free anti-spyware programs.

5. The WB

The WB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not worried anymore about denon radio. I downloaded the window media player 11. Ripped my disc into my computer as wav. format and it sounds much better than mp3 ever will.