Internet Radio Recommendations

sfax

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any good internet radio recommendations?

I have been using FStream and it was excellent but on iOS 4 and 5 it is next to useless and only reliable on WiFi for most stations I listen to (e.g. BBC 5 Live).

I recently started using tunin.fm which is so so much better for reliability. E.g. I can walk to the station, take a train to work and over that 45 minutes journey the connection doesn't drop once. On FStream it drops every couple of minutes regardless of settings and often doesn't come back. FStream used to be really good. Not sure what happened on the latest iOS.

However, whereas tunin,fm is better for reliability and allows you to search for stations, you can't save favourites and critically it doesn't multitask. Is there anything out there that is a mix of the two?

Tune In radio is basically the daddy of all radio apps. It's like FStream on steroids ;)

I used to use FStream and it was fine for what i used it for but i then got Tunein on some free offer or something like that and used it ever since. Definitely worth paying 69p for though if you had to.

I used to use FStream and it was fine for what i used it for but i then got Tunein on some free offer or something like that and used it ever since. Definitely worth paying 69p for though if you had to.

After using Tunein for a while now, I have to say I'm very impressed. Well worth 69p. Huge improvement over FStream. Thanks again

I find that Tunein has been dropping a lot more over the last week or two.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom