Internet radio receiver

mamxmano

Novice Member
Reaction score
Maybe a simple question from a newcomer to this forum. But I'm looking for a internet radio receiver that will integrate with my Samsung smart TV for the user interface but play through the sound bar and speakers that are connected to the TV for the sound output. I'm assuming there will be an HDMI connection from the receiver to the TV for the GUI and signal. I'm a bit confused with the different types of receiver and have a budget of a few £100's or thereabouts but more for the right equipment. Looking for some advice from members better informed than I am. Thanks!

Hi there.
There are many different receivers that provide Internet radio, from such brands as Marantz and Denon. I cannot comment on the Marantz receivers but the Denon ones are fairly easy to setup and you could get a secondhand one within your budget. I do find the software a little
'clunky' but it does work and offers a wide range of stations. I'm sure you will get some more in depth answers but hope that helps a little.

Upvote 0
Firestick, Google TV, apple TV, any android TV device will do what you want as long as you have wifi. You just run either the station app, such as BBC Sounds, or one of the general apps like vtuner on the device. GUI shows on you TV and sound plays from TV to soundbar.

Are you sure your TV itself doesn't already have an app?

Upvote 0
Thanks, hadn't thought about an Android usb stick. The Samsung TV is poor and only has a UK radio app, pretty useless as I want to listen to Eastern Europe radio. Thanks.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom