1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet or store ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by johne1892, Jun 17, 2004.

1. johne1892

johne1892

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking to buy an LCD TV in the next couple of weeks. I went to my local Miller Brothers store and the lad said that not to bother buying them over the internet as they are 'grey' models and you will have bother with them.

The internet is obvioulsy cheaper but I was wondering whether he was just trying to get my to buy a TV from him. Has anyone had any problems buying over the Internet and is there anything I should look out for ?

2. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Buy over the Net and you can send it back if you don't like it.

He's talking crap - have a look at www.qed-uk.com - it's Miller Bros. They give a superb service, and if you buy off them, your shiney new TV will even turn up in a Miller Bros van!

3. codlord

codlord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Some stores will sell "grey import" goods, others only "official" uk models - service and hassle will depend on retailer and luck but you can have just as much hassle with stores as you can with on-line places.

I buy a lot of stuff on-line and never had any real hassle but I am sure there are many people who have had problems with lots of retailers both on and off-line.

4. johne1892

johne1892

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ..thanks Techno and Codlord, I'll check out that URL.

5. calscot

calscot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The miller brothers guy is just blatantly lying to you to try and get your business. Or perhaps he thinks silver tvs are actually gray...