Internet options won't respond!

al shookup

Standard Member
Reaction score
When I go into Control Panel and click on Internet Options, nothing happens. All the other sections in Control Panel are active okay.

Any ideas please?

It's part of Internet Explorer, has something happened to that?

Apart from crashing more than it ought it seems ok, should I uninstall and install again to cure it?

I can't seem to find Internet Explorer file to uninstall it. is it hidden away somewhere please?

Hi, I`m afraid that you cannot uninstall it as it is an integral part of Windows, you can turn it off however if you wish. You can do this by going into control panel/programs and features/turn windows features on and off, but I guess that is not what you wish to do. However, you can restore a previous installed version (if you had one previously installed on your computer), go to the 'start button' select 'programs' and find IE and 'right click' on it and select restore 'previous version'. This will give you the version you had on your system before upgrading. Try that version and see if it works okay, then upgrade to IE11, hope this may help you.

Thanks for advice, looked on START / PROGRAMS but no IE to be seen.

Hi, are you sure it is not in programs, should be near the very top of the list? You are running Windows 7 right?

Yes I am running windows 7 and no, it is not shown at all in programs. I have seen it there in the past but not there any longer???

It's not listed like regular programs, but you can uninstall it.

You have to select "Turn Windows Features On or Off" on the left of Programs & Features.

Untick "Internet Explorer" and say Yes when it asks.

Restart the computer

Go back in and re-tick "Internet Explorer"

Restart again. That will reinstall IE.

Well done Wild Weasel. did as you said and all worked great. Can now access 'internet options' in Control panel.

thanks

:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom