Internet keeps dropping.

rusky

Standard Member
Hi

Lately my internet keeps on dropping, not sure if it is my ISP (Be). I have been with them for over a year now and only recently this problem has started to occur. I have PCs/Laptops both connected wired and wireless but both they can ping the router and the wireless is still connected. When I login to my router I can release the ADSL connection and rejoin it again that brings the internet back on for all. This is why I believe it might not be the ISP and more my router. I have moved the router closer to the main phone socket just incase a signal was becoming to weak but no luck, it still dropped the internet. I do have the original router that Be provided but chose to use my netgear DG834N, so I might swap them over to see if the router might be causeing the problems. Not sure if others have had similar problems?

accyuklad

Banned
best bet change router to see if it still happens i had this problem with the o2 router the old one from last year had it about 10mths then it started cutting off or rebooting

rusky

Standard Member
I have swapped over the router with the one that originally came from Be. So far so good, it's been about a day and no drop in the internet. If that is the case then the router is at fault and so time to buy a new one as I do not like the BeBox and it's lack of user control.

accyuklad

Banned
i got a dlink better settings the newest dlink i got make sure you check whats max upload and download as some have low upload limits on dlink

stiggyb

Novice Member
Our connection keeps dropping as well (also on Bethere) over the past couple of weeks

but at the same time our connection speed has improved so by +/- 1meg so i'm not sure if there trying to upgrade the line or something?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom