Internet help!

davemarsden132

Hi all,

I am having issues with playing warzone with 2 ps4 on same internet both are wired. Need some internet boffin to see if theres a solution.

Here is the situation

If i play warzone alone, just me on the network i smash it min 5 kills a game, most games 15-30kills. Every 1on1 i win.

As soon as the GF comes online, i am about 1 second behind the enemy, every 1on1 i loose... games end up max 5 kills... its so obvious as its only when were both on together.

I have BT 900mbps
Both ps4 are wired
I use a XR700 gaming router
Cat8 cables

Cheers

D

Deleted member 24354

You are trying to NAT two consoles on the same ports. A lot of routers struggle with this. I know that pFsense particularly struggles with this, it is well documented.
Firstly make sure both PS4s are on static IP addresses. Second turn of uPNP. This should sort it. If it doesn’t you need to move one of the PS4s into the DMZ.

davemarsden132

Ill try that! Alot of it makes no sense to an internet armature but ill google it 😂😂 thanks alot hopefully that helps! Cos we like playing together haha

D

Deleted member 24354

No, I would do the other things first as placing your PS4 in the DMZ makes it visible to the whole internet. It is the last thing that I would do.

madstaff

Warzone on my PS4 is awful.

Everytime i get into a gunfight it seems to suffer a momentary freeze to which i get killed, watching the killcam and no freeze is evident from their view.

So basically its run around collecting loot then get killed by the first person I challenge, repeat until im about to launch my PS4 out the nearest window.

@mushii you say turn off uPnP??

D

Deleted member 24354

Yes turn of uPnP and make sure that your PS4 is wired not on WiFi

madstaff

PS4 is wired, I’ll try with uPnP turned off, is that a setting on my PS4 or my BT hub?? Cant remember.

outoftheknow

I use a XR700 gaming router
Surely that won’t have the issue @mushii mentions?

You would think that at as long as the actual synched connection speed is around 900 Mbps that router can either deal with two gaming devices at once out of the box or at worst with some tweaks in the GUI/QoS somewhere? Or if you have fiddled in QoS or other router settings to tweak gaming, maybe put it back to out of the box settings and work from there again.

D

Deleted member 24354

Surely that won’t have the issue @mushii mentions?
It’s well documented both on Sony’s own forums and PS4 Help pages. It’s nothing to do with connection speed or QoS it’s how the router handles ‘routing’ with two identical devices simultaneously trying to use the same ports and the routers uPNP trying to assign them at the same time. Just because something is called a ‘gaming router’ doesn’t make it any better than a ‘normal router’ it’s a marketing ploy to charge you twice as much.
Games consoles are very inefficient and resource hungry devices often wanting sole access to the resources that they need to connect to the internet. Having two on the same network vying for the same resource can sometimes be problematic.
I have had 2 PS4s in my house for years.

outoftheknow

Just because something is called a ‘gaming router’ doesn’t make it any better than a ‘normal router’ it’s a marketing ploy to charge you twice as much.
:thumbsup: No worries - I wasn’t referring to it being called a gaming router - I don’t fall for that either :)

simply the Nighthawk range as such is a reasonably decent router. I’m surprised it doesn’t handle it. I find my R7000 the best router to date - I haven’t got two PS4 on it though only one. I thought the gaming version would allow bandwidth to each device to be tweaked up and down like it claims.....

I have set my ISP modem/router (Netcomm AC1900) with the Nighthawk as a DMZ server though so the Nighthawk does all routing. I would bridge the Netcomm but I want to use the ISP VOIP on the Netcomm built in ATA. This way avoids double NAT and unlike a PS4 the Nighthawk is designed to be exposed to the wild :)

davemarsden132

None of that worked

Do you think it would work by setting up my BT router as a second router connected to my Netgear router then plugging my ps4 into netgear and the gf ps4 into BT?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom