internet explorer cannot open website

Discussion in 'ISPs & The Internet' started by CORTINA, Dec 22, 2011.

1. CORTINA

CORTINA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    internet explorer cannot open website, and says Opporation aborted.

I have a Computer running IE 7 on XP, and a wireless laptop running Vista. I am on virgin media broadband

Both computers will not open a web site I wish to view, seems strange that both computers have the same problem...the web site is question is Staples UK....also the odd times when on the daily mail site is says IE must shup down

The site can be opened by a friends computer acrosss the road using the same set up Virgin Media Broadband as me......

Any ideas anyone........Thanks in advance

2. 961

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +666
    It may be to do with the security settings on your IE, or it may be to do with the portal that Staples is using
    What you could try is to see if you can access through google and then go to one of the sub divisions of Staples site, such as the link to office furniture
    Another option may be to try Mozilla firefox to access the site

3. CORTINA

CORTINA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks 961 for your reply, the annoying thing is i could access the staples site 6 months ago and now through google or by my friends e-mail link that he uses, i cannot get on the site....just a grey error box coming up on the screen.

It appears after googling many other have simular issues regarding IE cannot open websites and having tried some ideas, but still not go for me. .... Disabling add ons and deleting temp internet files etc.

What was not an issue a few months ago appears to be one now. I must say that 99% of sites I use are no problem. But this site on 2 computers in my house cannot get the staples web site up, yet others can, so the site itself I would assume is not having problems.....Tried switching the whole broadband system on and of with no affect.

A strange situation that over many years computer use I have not had before with both my computers at the same time........

Thanks again, this appears to be bigger nut to crack than normal...maybe a simple answer somewhere but yet to find it. My Computers appears ok apart from this minior issue affecting both of them.

4. 961

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +666
    Have you tried Firefox?

5. CORTINA

CORTINA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    961, I phone virgin media my broadband provider and they spent 15 mins with me checking the problem. The final result was it was with Staples web site and they would send an e-mail to them. They also said this ping problem was not just me involved in these type of issues...... at the moment i still cannot connect to staples site.

Still strange that this is the only site i cannot connect to.......

No i have not tried Firefox......Yet.........Thanks again for you help.....

6. CORTINA

CORTINA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    961, I phoned virgin media my broadband provider and they spent 15 mins with me checking the problem. The final result was it was with Staples web site and they would send an e-mail to them. They also said this ping problem was not just me involved in these type of issues...... at the moment i still cannot connect to staples site.

Still strange that this is the only site i cannot connect to.......

No i have not tried Firefox......Yet.........Thanks again for you help.....

7. CORTINA

CORTINA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ihave had to use Safari instead......this being OK.