• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Internet Connection

Apocalypse961

Standard Member
hello
I have 2 questions actually.
do I always need to connect my ps3 to the internet? is it a must? like are there any games that requires updates or even downloads? or ps3 itself requires updates?
or it'll be more likely, when do I need to connect the ps3 to internet
2nd question, HDMI cable, is there any specific speed should I get, how bad the speed of the cable will affect the performance and the quality?
Thanks

Axum

Distinguished Member
No, the PS3 does not needed to be connected to the internet, unless you want to do online gaming, log into PSN (download demos etc), sync your trophies etc.

You can update the PS3's firmware via a USB stick (I think you can still do this!), but obviously easier to do it via the PS3 itself so it'll need connecting to do that.

But no, in no way is it a must to have it connected.

Any HDMI cable should do, a cheap one will be fine, as long as it doesn't have to go over large distances (i.e. maybe more than 3 meters or so).

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom