1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet Connection Sharing Issue

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by marck, Jul 22, 2004.

1. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I am having an issue when using Microsoft Internet Connection Sharing (broadband connection).

The host pc is running XP Pro and the client XP Home. I am able to open some web pages on the client machine (such as Google), so there is an internet connection. However some web pages fail to load at all (such as Windows Update) and some open partially (it opens say 15 items and then seems to stop when there are still 17 items to load).

I have looked at a couple of support sites and they suggest altering the MTU values - which I have done. This has not helped.

Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how did they overcome it. Any help would be greatly appreciated as it is driving me mad!

Cheers
    Marck.

2. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know there are lots of IT guys out there - someone must have some ideas....

3. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Sounds like a dns issue to me, find out what your isp dns is and manually set them on the slave machine.

4. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1