Internet Connection HELP!

Dan2008

Im after some help :rotfl:

Basically ive been running wireless on PS3 since 23rd march 2007 with no problems, The last month its taking me forever to download a demo (3-16 hours)

Im thinking of going wired as people are saying it improves download speeds etc, But how would i do this as my router is downstairs in Lounge (Belkin N1) on TalkTalk And my PS3 is in my room , And we have one telephone socket in my mum's bedroom and 3 downstairs, Any help will be much appreciated, Thanks :thumbsup:

Dan2008

Forgot to mention - Downstairs is a Belkin N1 Wireless router, What i was wanting to do was use the Modem supplied with Talktalk to connect my PS3 wired..aswell as running the Belkin downstairs for wireless (Laptops) Is this possible?

Darsh

Im after some help :rotfl:

Basically ive been running wireless on PS3 since 23rd march 2007 with no problems, The last month its taking me forever to download a demo (3-16 hours)

Im thinking of going wired as people are saying it improves download speeds etc, But how would i do this as my router is downstairs in Lounge (Belkin N1) on TalkTalk And my PS3 is in my room , And we have one telephone socket in my mum's bedroom and 3 downstairs, Any help will be much appreciated, Thanks :thumbsup:
Mate I had a similar scenario to yourself and I solved it by using homeplugs. I first brought the 85Mbps ones then later I brought the 200Mbps ones. All you have to do is plug one homeplug on your main telephone extension via a ethernet cable and then plug the end into your router downstairs. But make sure it's not antisurge because homeplugs don't like them. Next you put a homeplug in your bedroom upstairs and repeat the same method but this time connect the homeplug to your PS3 and that's it. Please note you can only use one thing at a time like you can use your ps3 but the pc you wont be able too you will have to switch around the ethernet cables over to do that unless you buy a switch which will allow you to use both devices at the same time. Hope this helps mate :smashin:

Dan2008

Thanks for your help mate but i got it sorted today, In my 1st post i was supposed to state a Belkin N router :thumbsup: It took 20 secs to download 1mb that's why it was taking forever to download, I got a Belkin N1 today took 20mins to setup (Still wireless) and PS3 is downloading an mb every 2/3 seconds, And the speed is much approved, So seems like when it said i was getting 95 and 100% Signal strength i wasn't getting that much for my download speeds, Downloaded two demos in 40mins today so am very happy, And started Bourne demo at 7.15pm and on 26% already , so Thanks :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom