Internet connection - error code 51330

jdp1962

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to hook my Wii up to the net via my BT home hub for the first time. I've entered the security key, and run the connection test, but it's failed, producing error code 51330.

What does that mean?

Since moving from TalkTalk ADSL broadband to Virgin Media fibre optic, I can no longer connect the Wii to the internet. All of the network's credentials are the same as before, except I'm using WPA2/AES now, but that's one the Wii supports according to the internet settings pages and it detects this when searching for the SSID. I've tried changing the channel, searching for the SSID, manually putting in the SSID, the password is correct, I've manually added DNS servers, tried it with a static IP, etc. and I've tried all the suggestions on the Nintendo customer service page and still get the 51330 error. With TalkTalk it worked upon searching for the network and entering the password, I could even change channels on the router and it would still work.

I think I remember correctly that a few people have had issues with their Wii and Virgin. Has your router got mac filtering enabled mjpartyboy?

I think I remember correctly that a few people have had issues with their Wii and Virgin. Has your router got mac filtering enabled mjpartyboy?

No MAC filtering (I used to use this feature, but don't any more).

I've configured the D-Link router so it's essentially the same as the old one and I've tried everything I can think of in terms of settings and still get a 51330 error. What a pain. :(

Moved to the online gaming section (lots of other router issues there that might give you some clues :

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom